22. caught up

Kataya

"Well shit

"Well shit... look at you giving me rich girl aesthetic." Yaya smiles as she enters Kataya, Saint and Psalms new home. "The nails, the hair, the rings and that choker. Nice!"

"Thank ya!" Kataya beams as she shuts the large door behind them.

"Which one got you the best gift?"

"Honestly I can't say because they were both doing the most on the trip. Spending so much money I ALMOST felt bad when I swiped the card." Kataya says while leading Yaya into the living room. "But... it's weird. I felt like they were in competition again. Ya know like they were when I first started dating them."

"They're so fucking weird." Yaya says. "Don't get me started on the sharing a girlfriend thing, now they fighting over their own girlfriend? Mental."

"Don't do that." Kataya giggles. "I do have some tea to spill as to why I think they're acting this way."

"Spill."

"On the trip.. my first night there it was just Saint and I and he mentioned how I would feel if it was just me and him cause he wants to get married."

"And what was your response miss mamas?"

"I said I don't know. Because.... I don't." Kataya says before pouring some of the expensive wine up for her and Yaya. "I mean the thought of marriage is amazing to me but I have two men that I love with all my heart, how would that even work without pissing one of them off?"

"It wouldn't." Yaya shrugs. "Sounds like you gotta pick."

"Not you saying that too. I feel like everybody keeps saying I need to choose or who would I choose. I can't answer cause I don't know."

"Maybe you should start thinking about it then. Because one or both of them is ready to move in a different direction. Question is what direction will you be moving in?"

Kataya shrugs giving Yaya a half response to a question she had been pushing to the back of her mind since Saint mentioned it. The thought of losing either of them made her anxious and overwhelmed.

"Maybe we can move somewhere that allows you to be married to more than one person. Boom, now everybody is happy."

"Girl... any fucking way." Yaya says before switching the subject back to Kataya's birthday trip. Kataya doesn't spare any detail, telling Yaya about each night she spent both with the twins together and individually. After about an hour Psalm arrives home with food in hand.

"I'm glad I ordered extra since I know greedy ass Yaya ain't leaving with a empty stomach."

"Damn right." Yaya smiles before helping set the plates out. "Kat, why don't you ever cook? Me and granny miss your cooking."

Psalm pauses confusion written on his face. Kataya laughs nervously while avoiding Yaya's question.

"Kat can cook?" Psalm ask.