Chapter 8

"You know we could just turn around, right?"I say,as Axel and I stand in Tony and Mike's driveway."It's a bit late for that don't you think."Axel says as Alicia's car pulls into the driveway next to us.I walk over and give her a big hug."Hey, Axel."Alicia says while waving,Axel nods in response.
We all walk towards and wait on porch after Axel rang the doorbell."What's up your man's ass?"Alicia whispers from beside me."He got shot yesterday."I say, just as Mike opens the door."Tony their here!"Mike shouts."Welcome in."Mike says ushering us inside.We remove our coats and place them on the runk.I take Axel hand in and feel him tense but he relaxes after a while.

"Be nice and relax,ok.They wouldn't eat you alive."I whisper to Axel.We follow Mike into the dining room, where Tony was setting the table."Look,who finally decided to come around."Tony says pulling me into a warm hug."Sorry,things have been wild."I say pulling away.Tony pulls Alicia into a hug and let's go after a while."Oh ya,Nadia here has been busy, real busy."Alicia says in a sing-song tone."And you must be Nadia's secret husband."Mike says."Oh,I forgot to introduce you guys.Tony,Mike this is Axel,my husband.Axel,this Tony my boss and Mike his husband and the best chef around."I say.Tony,,Mike and Axel shake hands and exchange pleasantries.

We all take our seats and begin eating.The table was silent,no one wanted to break the ice so Mike did."So,where did you two meet?"Mike,after the long while of silence."We first met back when I was still working as barista at Joe's cafe, and then again and a bookstore that's when he asked me out."I say.I take out my phone and place it on my lap."That was months ago,why didn't you tell us back then?"Alicia says"I told her not to." Axel says, something for the first time tonight.I almost forgot he was here.

Almost.

"I was new to the whole dating thing and I didn't want anyone to know until it got serious."Axel says.I take my phone out and place it on my lap where no one could see it and texted Axel.

Text-
🏀 and ⛓️

Nadia: Thank you.

Axel:No problem.

"And the wedding?"Mike asked.I could tell that they were disappointed in me.I couldn't tell them about what there were so many things at this point."We went to Vegas and it all went crazy and we ended getting married. "I said, I don't like lying to them but I can't exactly tell them the truth."I know that you guys must be disappointed in me but I hope that you guys can forgive me."I say,as I look around waiting for someone to say something but I got nothing.,"I know that you all must be hurt but I was the one who told Nadia to keep it to herself at least until we figured out how we were going to move forward."Axel said, placing his hand in mine.

"I get it,young love at it's finest."Tony said,I looked up,tears in my eyes.Tony got up and walked towards me, I got up letting go of Axel's hand.Tony pulled me into a warm hug as I silently cried into him.We pulled away from each other and I look at Mike who seemed to be in deep thought."I have question,are you going to have wedding?"
Mike says, leaning back in his chair."Oh,I would like to know as well.", Alicia says with a smile on her face.I looked at Axel for an answer."Yes",Axel said, with a grin on his face."Then it settled all is forgiven and there will be a wedding."
Alicia says, drumming her fingers on the table.
______________

We were all on Tony's backporch having desert.
Everyone was getting along with each other."So, how's the club been?"Alicia and I say together."The club?"Mike said from beside Tony."You didn't tell them,did you?"
Mike says,looking furious.
"Tell us, what?"Alicia says, confused."We're shutting down the club.I got an offer from this big company and they wanted to buy the land so I sold it to them.They're starting construction on the club next week."Tony says."What,why?!"
Alicia and I scream,the velvet whip has been my place of work since I got to New York."I'm Retiring."Tony said."You're not that old."Alicia said,while I laughed." I need to take this call."Axel whispered to me getting up and taking his call inside."As long as you guys are happy."I say."I second that even though I am slightly upset that I'II have to find a job."Alicia says, while Mike and Tony laugh.

After a few minutes,Axel returns."We need to go."Axel says in an urgent tone.He's calm and collected demeanor was gone."Uh, I had an amazing night.Sorry again for missing the last few dinners.I'II call you guys."I say,as I get up."Bye."
Everyone said as I got up and left.We get into the car and drive.,"What's wrong?"I say, nervously fidgeting with my ring."Nothing that concerns you."Axel says."Remember our agreement,Axel."I say,as we pull into the garage entrance of the Marigold."What's wrong?"I say turning towards him.He sighs and puts his head in his hands."I've been hacked."Axel said,"So, I need to go to the office and make sure that everything is secure and figure out who did this."He continued to explain what happened."Ok, we'll talk later."I say getting out off the car and walking towards the elevator.I push the button and waited to reach my floor.The elevator doors open and I walked upstairs,changed and got into bed.

_____________________________

Hey guys

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.It was a little shorter than my normal chapters.Disclaimer I might not update in a while due to school reopening.

Don't forget to VOTE, SHARE and FOLLOW.