Run from your responsibilities

So... I thought this would be a good way of working on our teamwork, friendship and so forth." Momonga tried to open up a conversation after finishing his more-than-little awkward breakfast, followed by a swift dodge of responsibilities, and finally procrastination in the form of an inter-Peerage conference roughly an hour after realizing Momonga (might) become a father.

Since Rossweisse was blackout drunk, or seemed to be blackout drunk after drinking one glass of red wine, Momonga could tell Lady Phenix that Rossweisse needed to clear her head, and the blonde woman had merely nodded her head while giving Momonga a flat, inquisitive glare.

He had then told the blonde woman that he'd have Rossweisse as a ward of Phenix house, if Lord Phenix agreed, so that she'd have a home in Phenix family, which would ensure that she wouldn't be thrown out into the streets and her presumed pregnancy would take its course without problems. Lady Phenix had then merely nodded, seemingly uncaring for Rossweisse's fate, and Momonga had sweatdropped as he had gotten a feeling that he was missing something crucial.

Afterwards Momonga had noted that Ravel wished to transfer herself to Momonga's Peerage, so he had taken her as a Pawn, and Lady Phenix had recovered her Bishop Piece. That little exchange had prompted bigger reaction from the woman, as she had gone to whisper something to Ravel's ear, who had responded by hugging her mother and then, to both Lady Phenix's and Momonga's shock, had leaned in to kiss the blonde woman on the lips and then muttering something to Lady Phenix's ear that caused the woman's shock to turn to a slight blush and shell-shocked stare aimed at her daughter.

The rest of the breakfast had become incredibly awkward after that.

'I hope I did the right thing... Lady Phenix didn't seem all too concerned with Rossweisse's fate, but still it'd give her a bad impression of my capabilities as a father if I appeared too cold or distant. Ravel's transfer seemed to worry her a bit, but between her losing her status as the lady of the house, her on-paper status as my mistress, and Ravel's agreement to the transfer, I don't think she had other options than to accept the transfer...' Momonga shook the thoughts off his head and focused on the conference and on his Peerage. 'Good thing I used those scrolls to obscure my [Message] to the Elder Lich... that situation could have gone much, much worse if Lady Phenix learned of my little chat with it. I think I should be able to trust her word that she didn't hear anything, since I doubt she could keep a straight face if she did learn what I said, and even then the scrolls should have prevented her spying... Not to mention that my new-found bond with Ravel would, well, unravel if I went after her mother too harshly...'

The blonde-haired girl in question was humming happily while sitting flank-to-flank beside Momonga... and the questionable words she included in her humming caused some of Momonga's Peerage members to sneak glances at the girl, some with blush and some with blank stares.

Sona had requested the chance to talk to her Peerage and Momonga had agreed, and added a note that she didn't need to request his permission for every single thing- after all, it'd be good if his fiancees were subservient, but on the other hand excessive subservience would just get in the way. On one end of the spectrum was his Summons who could take far, far too many creative freedoms with his orders, and on the other was Sona who in turn asked for his permission before eating a slice of bread... which did make Momonga a bit unhappy. Or at least the part of him that was Suzuki Satoru.

Sona seemed to be quite troubled by the freedom Momonga had 'given' her, but after paling, shaking, and a bit of dreading she had departed to join her Peerage, who in turn had received temporary lodgings in the Phenix castle-mansion as it had quite few quarters specifically built to accommodate full Peerages.