The inquisitor is under arrest

Rias growled.

Akeno chuckled.

Xenovia was wobbling, and Irina was swaying slowly from side to side while looking like a hamster with her cheeks stuffed full of food.

Indeed, the group had ended up where they had been mere hour ago, yet it seemed that Xenovia's world had been turned upside-down multiple times in that time.

The fact the four girls, four devil girls, were sitting on a huge bed and forming a circle around a pile of snacks on a tray was causing quite a bit of headache for Xenovia. Irina's failed attempt at 'not accepting anything the 'real devils' offered' wasn't helping, specifically when the girl named 'Akeno' had reminded Irina that she was a devil too and it wasn't as if deciding to not eat sweets and snacks would un-devilify her.

"Imf stilf sayif that we'll be resfcued at somfe point." Irina mumbed through a mouth filled with crisps.

Xenovia sighed, then turned towards Rias Gremory. "Is... Is Momon Phenix always like this?"

"Yes." Rias growled. "In fact, I'd say you've been exposed to... hm, this much of his total potential for insanity on existential level."

She held her hand up, showing a tiny space between her forefinger and thumb.

Xenovia gulped, as she believed Rias on the account that her tone was utterly convinced, and her voice equally resigned. "Oh no."

"Oh yes." Akeno giggled. "Ara? Don't you find this fun? Just think if you hadn't been recruited by Mo~mon~kun. You'd be rotting in the ground."

"Yes, because he killed me. I'm not sure I should be grateful for him making me his eternal slave..." Xenovia bit her venomous answer off from the midpoint as she remembered the Angels who had been with her 'new' 'master'. "...Although... Haah, why does this have to be so complicated... just give me an enemy and a sword and tell me to whack it."

"Uuwuh..."

Xenovia reached to swat Irina a few times on the back as the chestnut-brown haired girl seemed to choke on a pretzel. The girl then took a deep swig from a bottle of soda and kept eating, making Xenovia think that she was trying to distract herself from the task of having to think about what had just happened.

She couldn't blame her.

"Listen, we'll see if we can contact someone from the Underworld, like Beelzebub, and ask them if there's any way for un-devilfy the two of you." Rias sighed, seeming to finally reach the conclusion of her silent growling. "I don't think there are ways to do that, but I guess we should at least look for one. Either way, you're going to have a problem if you try to approach your church as it is, as I'm sure you realize as well."

"Yes." Xenovia wasn't blind to the situation. "Besides, I've already given an oath, or a contract as you, we, devils put it, to follow your master..."

"Hm?" Rias seemed confused, and Xenovia told the two devils in front of her about the oath she and Irina had given to the form flanked by angels, which had later turned out to be the Devil Peerage's 'King'.