Sit down for a midnight snack 🍋

...Interesting." A man reached to touch a tree-stump in a slowly darkening forest.

The 'fallen' tree was quite ordinary. However, what was not ordinary was the ruined, twisted and ominous detached classroom that had somehow relocated itself to the small forest behind Kuoh Academy.

Yet, the building didn't interest the figure that was slowly circling the tree stump nearby.

"...Quite so, quite so... So, a power that alters reality itself? I didn't know Sirzech's faction had someone like that in their pocket... Or perhaps whoever did this belongs to an entirely different faction?" The figure reached to touch the upper half of the tree that was near the trunk.

Both the upper half and the lower half of the tree seemed utterly normal, and it was as if it had existed like that naturally, due to completely mundane and normal reasons. It was as if the two parts had never even been connected to each other, despite the cuts on both sides being perfectly mirrored. It felt like the mirror image of the cuts was just an utter coincidence, and the tree trunk just happened to grow like that and the upper part had always been like it was ever since it had come to be.

"...But why would someone go as far as to rewrite reality to one where this particular tree had been cut like this?" The man reached to trace his finger across the edge of the cut part of the tree. "Is it trying to send a message? To whom? And what is the message?"

"...Do not attribute to intelligence what can be explained by coincidence and stupidity." A deep, rumbling voice could be heard coming from the man. "...Seeking hidden messages from paintings made by tipping paint cans over canvas is for philosophers seeking distractions and fools, and both are wasting their time. Focus!"

Vali Lucifer was confused as he pulled his hand away from the tree, but listened to the words of Albion, the White Dragon Emperor, that came from a white gauntlet in his hand. He had materialized the gauntlet so the dragon sealed within it could also sense the disturbance in reality that still lingered around the fallen tree. "You're still angry that the Red Dragon Emperor disappeared."

"I am. However, he'll reappear soon, and for someone else. If his previous Wielder had been so pathetic to die to someone other than us, then he was not a worthy enemy in the first place, nor was he worthy of wielding Ddraig's power.." The dragon's voice was resolute and dismissive but Vali had known him long enough to know better. And long enough to know that he shouldn't dispute the prideful dragon's words.

"Heh... well then, let's keep going. Kokabiel isn't going to contain himself, and if let loose for too long, there's no doubt he'll try to bring his harebrained idea into fruition." Vali dusted himself off and turned away from the tree stump, still disturbed but figuring out that if he kept an eye out and stayed on his guard, he might be able to complete his mission without running across whatever had 'cut down' the tree.

.

.

"Hmm..." Momonga was lost in his thoughts as he walked back to his manor, leaving Yuuto and Asia to their apology-argument. He had pulled his helmet off so he wouldn't cause anyone to mistake his identity, but he wanted to perform some durability experiments on items created by [Create Greater Item], so he didn't break it. 'I managed to gather from Asia that something had knocked on the window of the room where she had been... I'm guessing she had been in kitchen to grab something because Rias and Akeno didn't come with her, so she hadn't been in the second-floor room where the two are waiting for the Exorcists to wake up... and because whoever had alerted Asia hadn't told her to come in person, means that whoever alerted her is probably not part of my Peerage. Ravel is, umu, somewhere in here, I think, but I don't think she's the type to use subterfuge for her messages, and thus...'