Chapter 15: The Visits

I was in my room all snuggled up under the sheets of my blanket. I was glad I stopped crying already and only had a few sobs. My eyes felt like they were going to explode and my face was burning. I started having hiccups because I couldn't breathe properly while crying. My hair was a mess and my cheeks were still damp due to the tears.

I got up from my bed and washed my face. I couldn't show myself because my dad and brothers will go overboard protective on me. I kept washing until the redness of my face started to fade. I put a little eyeliner on so that my eyes don't look like they've been sucked in my face.

I was wiping my face when I heard a knock on my door. I got out of the bathroom and opened it. I was shocked.

It was Connor again.

Connor didn't say anything. He was looking at me head to toe. I was wearing these too short pink boxers with a huge shirt that says DONUTS RULE!!

A sly smile crept on his face and I knew he was going to make a nasty comment on my clothes.

"Don't you even dare." I pointed a finger at him.

"Come on. Donuts rule?" He said completely amused by my shirt.

"Who," I groaned, "let you in?"

"Zach. I think."

"Well, what did you come here for?"

He looked past me and stared at my room. I had a big queen sized bed and a huge bookshelf and closet. I had a little window at the corner with a soft cushion under where I could sit on.

"Can I come in?" Connor asked.

"I guess." I said and let him enter.
He scanned my room before saying anything. Then, he decided to sit on my bed and pet Cheetos.

"So...How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine and don't even bother and ask if I could explain." I warned him.

"Wasn't gonna. Pep told me."

"Oh." I whispered.

"That's what I want to talk to you about."

"What? How embarrassed I feel right now because I was forced to admit my long time crush on Peter? Or maybe it's 'how could I possibly have destroyed the relationship that my best friend had and really cared about?' "

I could feel my cheeks redden. I was trying hard to push back the tears.

"I was going to talk to you about Pepper." He mumbled.

"I really want to help, but I don't think I could give any good advice." I replied.

"But do you actually want to help? "

"What do you mean?"

"After I said all those things about me and Pepper, you became distant. You didn't sit with us like you usually would and I tried to talk to you, but you shrugged me off. Is it possible that you...that you like me?"

"I-I don't know."

"Zoe?"

"Connor, please just don't. I've had a really rough day admitting my long time crush. I don't need you to be telling me to admit that for a time I started to have feelings for you!"

We were silent for a moment. We were digesting what I just said. Then, a text appeared on Connor's phone. I saw it was Pepper. Great, now they have each other's phone numbers!

"Zoe, I don't mean to-"

"It's fine. I want to be alone anyway." I replied. He got up and turned the knob to leave. He looked back at me and gave me a small smile that you would barely notice. Then, he closed the door and left.

*

*

*

I was watching American Idol season 14. It was the finals. An eliminated contestant was singing with Jamie Foxx.

"Zoe?" It was Peter.

"Peter." I said.

"I came here to check on you."

"Oh."

There was a long awkward pause before he started speaking again.
"Is it true?" He asked looking directly at me.

"Is what true? The part that I liked you for the longest time or the part that I tried breaking you and Alice up."

"The you like me part. I know you would never try to break me and Alice no matter how jealous you are."

"Yes, I had a huge crush on you."

"We've been friends for years and I can't believe-"

"That a girl like me would think she had a chance with you. I knew that already a long time ago. You didn't need to remind me."

"No! I can't believe I never noticed. I never knew I was friend-zoning you."

"Well, hate to break it to ya', but you did."

"Zoe, I didn't mean to do that. I just never knew. I wish that I could've friend zoned you in a better way."

I just shrugged. After that, no one talked. There was definitely tension in the room.

I wanted to say something; anything, but I just felt so...embarrassed. My best friend now knows that I've been crushing on him. He'll be more conscious of what we're doing. He won't be as comfortable with playing one on one volleyball with me because he might be sending the wrong signals. He won't tell me if he plans on making a move on another girl because he knows.

"Alice, she's a great girl. I hope that you can forgive her." Peter says breaking the silence.

Alice?!?! That's all he could think about after what I just said. He didn't even bother thinking how embarrassed I must feel. I feel so so so stupid and all he could think about is me forgiving his girlfriend who is an annoying piece of crap.

"Get out." I whispered.

"What?" He asked.

"Get out."

"This is about Alice again. What do you hate her so much? I'm starting to think you're jealous."

"Jealous?!?! You think I'm jealous. I can't believe you. I've been hurt and humiliated in front of people and supposed 'friends' and now all you can think of right now is me forgiving your girlfriend!" My cheeks were so flushed. I thought I was going to start crying, but the tears didn't come.

I said in a softer and calmer tone, "Peter, please just go."

He stood up with no hesitation and slammed the door. I was so frustrated. I wanted to punch and kick the wall. Instead, I just screamed at my pillow. Now, the tears came in gallons. It didn't stop even if I wanted it to.

"Zoe?" It was the twins.

I couldn't say anything so I just ran to them and they both hugged me.

"It's going to be alright, Zoebear." Zayn whispered.

A/N: Hey. Not really in a good mood right now. Sorry if this chapter sucks :(((((

Help me get to 150??

Comment, vote, share and follow me.

Love ya'

♡b