Chapter 17: Girlfriend?!?!

I was eating my bowl of Cheerios when Zach and Zayn entered the kitchen.

"Morning!" I said,"Dad said we were going to have dinner after he gets off work."

"Really?" Zayn said in a sleepy voice.

"Where?" Zach asked as he poured his milk.

I replied,"I don't know. He just said to dress up and look presentable."

"Ohh, fancy." Zayn commented.

I checked my watch and it was already 7:00 am. I had to get to the bus stop.

"Ugh! Where's Peter? He was supposed to pick me up quarter to seven." I said.

Zach and Zayn exchanged a look then faced me.

Zach asked,"Peter and you? I thought you were with Connor?"

"Yeah. What happened?" Zayn continued.

"What?!?! I do not like Connor." I replied stunned.

The twins didn't say anything, but I knew they were talking through twin telepathy.

I texted Peter to meet me at the bus stop instead. I grabbed my backpack then left.

"Zoe!" I saw Peter running after me.

"Hey. You're late." I joked.

"Yeah, I know. I'm really sorry." He said in between breaths.

"It's fine."

He smiled at me then planted a quick kiss than made me tingle. He pulled away and I could feel eyes staring at us, but I didn't care.

The bus got here five minutes after. People rushed and shoved each other getting inside. I sat beside Peter and we were talking about a game for our volleyball practice.

The school wasn't really far. It was only ten minutes away. Once the bus came to a full stop, I got out immediately. Peter stayed a while talking to James, a guy from his class. Peter belonged in the advanced Chemistry class. He was a total nerd when it came to Chemistry.

I walked to my locker alone when I suddenly felt a hand wrap around mine. It was Peter. He smiled and I tightened my grip. I could see people shocked with Peter and I. They were whispering at each other with wide eyes.

I got my things from my locker. Peter's was at the other end of the hall. As I was getting my History text book...

"Seriously?!?!"

I turned my head and dropped my book. It was Connor.

"What do you want?" I asked while picking up my two inched book.

"Two things. Can we meet Friday? I'm failing Algebra."

"Okay. Second?"

"You and Peter! Why the heck would you go out with the guy who broke your heart? He's just dating you because he feels guilty."

"What are you taking about?"

"He's only dating you because he feels guilty not ever noticing your feelings for him."

"You're insane!"

"No. I'm not!"

"Yes, you are. As a matter of fact, I think you're jealous."

"Jealous?!?! Are you frickin' kidding me?"

I just gave him a smirk and he completely lost it.

"You know what? Forget it. Just tell me when he breaks your heart because he never actually loved you. I want to be the first one to tell you 'I told you so'." Connor walked away very pissed and hot headed. I don't know why he even cares if I go out with Peter. It's not like he ever cared about me.