He brought the axe up again only to let it sink into the thick bark in the tree. I wondered why he would even be out here so late in the night.

I stepped a little further into my backyard which caused the motion light to turn on. I almost forgot we had one of those.

Justin looked up at the sudden flash of light, his hazel eyes meeting mine.

I had no other choice but to just go all the way to the back now. So I did, stepping toward the gate that seperated my house from his.

"Uh," I started awkwardly. "I didn't mean to interrupt. I um...I heard noises. Just wanted to check it out."

He smirked at me and continued to slice at the tree. "Haven't you ever watched a scary movie? Checking out noises this time of night isn't very smart, don't you think?"

I gulped hard and tried not stare at the little trickle of sweat that slid down his neck, all the way to his toned six pack. "I-I guess not." I wanted to ask him why he out at such a night doing what he was doing but the words wouldn't come out. I just kept my eyes on his body and they wouldn't budge no matter how hard I was trying to get them to.

Eventually I came to my senses and got the strength to look away. I looked behind me at my house. All of the lights were off and I knew that meant my parents were sleeping. I should probably be too since I most likely had to work early in the morning. I opened my mouth to speak but Justin beat me to it.

"You're welcome to sit and watch me. It'd be nice to have a little company y'know."

Sitting watching Justin slice away at trees sounded like a great idea right now. I could watch him without seeming weird. For he was the one who gave me permission to. But I knew I had work in the morning and if I sat with him, there's no telling what time I'd be back home. It was already half an hour to midnight. I shook my head.

"Sure." My words went completely against my wishes.

What's wrong with you Lacey? Are you insane?! My subconscious spoke.

No, but his body is. Another voice said.

Oh God, I can't believe I just thought such a thing. But it was true. It was. I couldn't stop staring at it.

"Great. Here," he dropped the axe and held his hands out to me. "I'll help you over."

"I should probably grab a shirt first." I looked down at my towel wrapped skin and back up at him.

He walked to the patio banister and grabbed a white tank top before handing it to me. "Here." he said.

I reached out and took the shirt, my fingers brushing against his in the process, making my body tingle.

Draping my towel over the gate, I threw the shirt on. It was kind of long and barely covered the sides of my bikini top but, it was something.

"You ready?" Justin asked. His hands still out.

I nodded, a little unsure but still I placed my hands on his broad shoulders and allowed him to bring his hands to either side of my waist, lifting me up and over the gate. He quickly removed his hands and walked back over to his axe, to finish what he was doing before I decided to snoop.

Grass squished under my sandals as I hopped on the wooden table that sat firmly near the patio. Rope, scissors, and even a bush cutter, littered the table.

"May I ask why you're doing yard work at such a time?" I placed my hands on either side of me and swung my legs back and forth.

Thunk!