☆ months pass ☆

Start from the beginning

I got out of my whole chucking my shovel aside, my hole was only about a foot deep and five foot wide as we had only just started.

I stood there in place watching moms truck drive away to camp. I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. I watched as everyone else left except zigzag and magnet, zig ushered Magnet to leave and said he'll take care of me. Magnet left again looking back at me with a sympathetic face.

The thing with zigzag is he never forced anything on you. If you wanted to sit there and cry, he hold onto you the whole time, if you wanted to be alone, he'd leave, but not far, he always stayed, always there. He didn't make you go stand with everyone in a crowded room. If his favorite thing was playing on the TV but you need him. He'd forget about the TV, he'd go with you.

Just like all those times.

He didn't push me to go back to camp. He didn't push me to follow the boys. He removed my hands from my face standing in front of me. He pulled my into a tight hug. Not letting me go. I held back onto him. Sobbing into his chest. He didn't say much, he just repeated the same phrase over and over again. "Your going to be okay, he's going to be okay". Even though to the boys he may act like a dick and have bad choices of words. He was always there. His voice was so calming whenever I needed it to be.

We stood there for a good five minutes in silence, holding eachother tightly. He knew I saw Barf as a brother. That's why he understands my pain.

"Are you ready to go back?" He spoke in more of a whisper. I didn't speak back I only nodded into his chest. "Okay lightning, just so you know, as soon as magnet sees you cried he will parade you with questions" he laughed slightly but still spoke quietly and calmly. "Don't panic when he does, he's only worried for you. He's always worried for you. He sees you as his little sister, that he needs to protect." I smiled lightly into zigzags chest he felt me smile and slowly began to let go as we started walking, he picked up both of our shovels, he held them both in one hand, not making me carry my own, and put his other arm around my shoulder holding me close yet giving me enough space to breathe.

We got back to camp and returned the shovels before walking over to our tent. "I'm going to let magnet speak with you, I'll go in the tent and tell the boys to leave you be for a bit." I nodded back to him. Magnet sat outside the tent on the steps, his leg shaking as he quickly shot up when we came into view. Before handing me to magnet he whispered to magnet, probably saying the same thing he said to me and hugged me once more before walking back into the tent.

Magnet stepped towards me and hugged me straight away. I hugged him straight back and kept in mind what zigzag told me. I was prepared for all the questions. I was still slightly crying. He let go of the hug and took a deep breath, I could tell I was about to be paraded with questions. He kept a hold onto my shoulders.

"Are you okay? Did anything happen to you? Do you need space?No hay nada de que preocuparse,Estoy seguro de que estará bien,Estara bien" (There's nothing to worry about, I'm sure it'll be alright, it'll be alright). I just replied with a weak "I'm okay" my voice cracked as I spoke. He frowned at me.

He pulled me into another hug and held me tight, he didn't let go until I did. My voice was still weak from crying, I pointed towards the tent motioning for us to go inside. He nodded his head and opened the tents 'door' .

When we entered I think zig had just finished explaining as all the boys nodded their heads, I walked over to my cot and sat down, all eyes on me. Zigzag and magnet ushered for them all to stop staring. We sat in silence for a few minutes before zigzag ushered me to come over to his cot.

I sat down next to him, he was sat up in his cot and  leaned against a pole on the outside of the tent, he put his arm around me and I leaned onto him, I laid my head on his shoulder. We all knew what needed to be said. But none of us said it. We sat in silence until the dinner time bell.

Zigzag didn't leave my side. He held my hand on the way to dinner, all the way up to when we sat down. There was light chatter between our table. But, not much. It seemed kinda empty without Barf here.

I didn't eat much, I ate my bread, that was it. For the rest of our time in the mess hall before we went back to our tents I laid my head on zigs shoulder and he kept his arm around me.

The bell rang and we went back to our tents. We where in silence sat around until Armpit spoke up. "Mom said they have replaced him, fresh meat tommorow" already? I thought. "Well get one of them therapy sessions then, to welcome em into greenlake" x spoke up. I just bated my eyes between the two. I layer down on my cot and stared up at the 'roof'

》》¤ A/n this chapter was a little longer as i had lots to put in the next chapter will be longer too. Magnet and lightnings friendship rn >>> ¤《《