° first hole °

An alarm blared throughout camp green lake as I rolled out of bed falling onto the floor, I heard a laugh next to me, I groaned in response before standing up "what time is it?" I questioned not even opening my eyes, "about 4:30" I heard from beside me, zigzag, I groaned in response slipping on my orange jumpsuit and tieing it around my waist, I had on a queen band tee also, I looked over at the rest of the boys, also getting ready, I reached down and grabbed my work boots, sitting on my cot to slip them on and tie the laces, I pulled a hair tie I had brought with me of my wrist and tied my dark hair into a tight, high ponytail. I could feel eyes on me as I turned around I saw zigzag staring at me, I gave a small smile and a wink before turning away. I swear I saw him blush when I was turning away. I realised no one else was in the tent anymore, I tilted my head slightly before Magnet popped his head into the tent "Yo lovebirds we gotta get diggin' hurry up" he said a slight smirk on his face, I rolled my eyes and stuck my middle finger up at him before following him out.

"Smiling faces! Smiling faces! The early mole digs the deepest hole. Shovels on the left,
tortillas on the right." Mom spoke with a few sips of coffee in between each sentence he said.

"Let's go! Let's go!
Come on, Magnet! Open them peepers!"

Man i wish I could have some coffee having to wake up this early.

"This ain't no dreamland,
it's... it's reality." Mr sir spoke to us sipping from his mug.

I grabbed a shovel out of the shed labelled 'library'. My canteen on a string around my shoulder and my shovel resting on my shoulders, I walked over to zig not really knowing what to do or where to go I walked with him, Mr sir walked up ahead of us as we walked sort of in a line, we made it to an empty, open area, the boys all got to digging as Mr sir came over to me "Dig here. Now, if you find anything interesting...

...you are to report it to me
or Pendanski. If the Warden like what you find, you get the rest of the day off."

Curiously I asked him a question, bored already he rolled his eyes as I started speaking "What am I supposed to be
looking for, Mr. Sir?" I questioned.

"You're not looking for anything.
You're building character.
You take a bad boy.... or girl
make 'em dig holes all day in the hot sun, and it turns em into a good kid. That's our philosophy here at Camp Green Lake."

Weird as fuck but okay

"Start digging."

Mr sir left and I began to dig, after a little while a truck made its way to us, Magnet, being the closest to where I was digging and caught my attention "waters here girl" he spoke signalling to the truck, I got up out of my whole and followed him over to the line, x Ray walked up to where I was stood, at the back, and pulled me infront of zero and behind zigzag, he didn't say a word afterwards, he walked back to the front of the line, Mr sir stood at the back of his truck waiting for xray, "Can I start now, your highness?" Mr sir asked X, I laughed slightly under my breath before xray spoke back "Yes, Mr. Sir." The line quickly went down to zigzag, he stood aside while Mr sir filled his canteen, "So, how'd it go your first day, lightning?
Got some blisters on ya?" He said noticing me infront of zero.

"Big, fat blisters." Zig answered for me leaning over to look at them
"Yeah." I agreed.

"Well, don't worry."
Mr sir began to speak again.
"Everything turns to callus eventually."
He soon filled up my canteen and we all went back to digging, my hole was finished quite quickly, Zero went back to camp ages ago, most of the rest had finished and left, leaving me, Armpit, Magnet and zigzag. I finished my whole ten ish minutes after zig, he agreed to wait for me, I tried claiming out of my hole, falling back into it in the process. Zig chuckled down at me "need some help there shorty" he said reaching put a hand, I gratefully took his hand as he helped pull me out of my hole, Magnet had finished whilst I was getting out my hole and walked over to us, me and zig still hadn't let go of eachothers hands, not realising as he walked over too us, "awww look at the little lovebirds holding hands" he said looking between me, zigzag and our conjoined hands. We quickly let go as my face flushed a pinky colour. Magnet looked down at my hole not expecting me to be finished that quick on my first day, "Dang girl you dig as fast as lightning" he said chuckling, I laughed along and zigzag just smiled at him.

《ZIGZAGS POV》

"Dang girl you dig as fast as lightning" Magnet said chuckling as he looked down at lightnings hole, lightning laughed too him as I smiled "maybe you could say that's another reason my names lightning" she joked, a smile never leaving her face.

》》¤ A/n for the next chapter I think I may do a time skip to the next couple months and put In my next chapter Barf Bag leaving and the chapter after will be Stanley coming to camp ¤《《