°•° 23 °•°

Start from the beginning

"What do you got?"

"I have a few grapes left, some leftover pizza, and Capri Suns."

"Wow, wide array of options there."

She looked over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at me. "I offer you my precious food and you make sarcastic comments? I'm disappointed in you, Kason."

I chuckled. "Fine. Give me the grapes."

"Please?"

Rolling my eyes jokingly, I heaved a sigh and repeated, "Please."

She threw the zip bag at me and I caught them with one hand. She raised a brow for a second but then turned to rummage through her fridge again. I held back a laugh at how hard she was trying not to look impressed.

When she closed the door to the fridge again, she kicked some papers from the floor and sat down on her shag carpet instead of on the couch. She looked up at me with a crooked smile and then patted the carpet next to her.

"Is this my therapy session?" I joked as I slid down to the floor.

"Yes," she teased back.

As I popped a grape into my mouth, she pulled up a white package and started to open it. I furrowed my eyebrows when it revealed a chocolate Bomb Pop.

"You give me grapes and save the good stuff for yourself?"

She beamed and bit the tip off of it, mumbling around her mouthful, "Hey, it's my dorm."

I shook my head, crunching down on, sadly, not a chocolate Bomb Pop. "I see how it is. You leave me with the inferior snack because you love yourself more than you love me."

She pointed the popsicle at me. "Accurate."

I threw a grape at her, hitting her in the cheek as she laughed brightly. I couldn't help but smile despite being mad at her for keeping the popsicle to herself. Her laugh was just too infectious and beautiful.

"Fine, fine." She took a breath and calmed down before holding out the frozen treat to me. "You can have a bite if you want."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Maybe I don't want it anymore."

"Don't be a baby. You want it."

Glaring at her, I forced myself not to look at the Bomb Pop as she tantalizingly moved it under my nose. It was tempting and her insistent smile only made it harder to refuse.

Finally, I deflated and looked down at it. Then snatch a huge bite off the side.

Sav laughed before looking at her now lopsided popsicle. "Wow, you have a big mouth. But I guess I already knew this."

I started to refute the accusation but there was too much popsicle in my mouth to speak. She could tell and chuckled victoriously.

While Sav ate the rest, I ravenously scarfed down the grapes despite them not being as good as Sav's snack. But I didn't really care. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until she'd offered food.

Once we were both done, Sav glanced at all the study materials around the room and fell back on her back on the fluffy rug with an anguished sigh. "I think my brain is going to explode if I study one more minute."

I looked down at her with a slight smile that I couldn't help. "What are you currently studying?"

"The same stuff we've been talking about for months that I just can't wrap my head around. You'd think that the more times I stared at the words on the page, the more it would engrave in my brain. But it's like it all leaves the instant I close the book again."