Chapter 10 || Friends?

•••

•••

the phone keeps ringing without any sign of being answered any time soon which irritates and worries taehyung at the same, knowing his girlfriend isn't the type to have her phone on silent or ignore people's calls, especially his, and he's already called her about ten times in the last two hours as they couldn't talk earlier during the day.

he sighs deeply, nibbling on his lower lips, sitting on the couch while his best friend is busy laughing with tears evident in his eyes, watching how 'i met your mother' all over again for the fourth time in his life. taehyung's stressed look must be stressed enough to grab jimin's attention, letting his laugh settle down and pull himself to sit straight, peeking over his arm which is when he realises taehyung is still trying to get in contact with hayeon.

"bro, leave it, she must be busy." he pats taehyung's back, "she'll reply when she has time okay? relax,"

"no, jimin you don't understand, she never does that. something must be wrong!" taehyung exasperates, his foot tapping on the carpet with a deep, low thumping sounds that were just depicting how serious this was in his head.

"i do get it man, i talked to her yesterday she seemed fine to me,"

"i am the boyfriend," taehyung gives him straight and jimin scoffs, standing up with the empty bottles of soju in his hands and a packet of half eaten cheese crackers.

"fuck you, keep calling her and die,"

"jimin!" taehyung groans, following him to the kitchen and takes a deep breath, "wait! fuck! i should call her dad!" he beams and jimin nods dismissively.

"put it on speaker,"

"you're an ass," taehyung mutters to him, but puts the phone on speaker while jimin gives him a sarcastic smile. the call is answered after a few rings, being filled in with the voice that belongs to hayeon's father.

"ah hello, taehyung, how are you son?"

"hello dad, i'm great," he smiles a little, "i hope i'm not disturbing you... am i?"

"no no, you're never a bother my boy," the father chuckles. "tell me, what can i help you with?"

"actually i've been trying to call hayeon for a while, but she's not answering... can i talk to her?"

"oh yeah, right, this silly girl left her phone at home. it was dead and she kept it for charging because we planned to have dinner outside today." the father sighs softly, "i got some urgent work at the last minute and i had to cancel the plan."

"ah okay, so where is she right now?"

"if she's not answering your calls then she still must be out, i guess. i'm at the company right now and i don't think i can go home tonight. but don't worry, she's with jungkook and they must be about reach home."