4: Sunny Withdraws

There were days when Marcus would leave for hours at a time. Taylor was unsure if that was for work or to feed, or a bit of both. On many an occasion, he returned with eyes renewed to that brightened topaz. On those days he seemed happier, more prone to physical touch. A hand upon Taylor's, head rested on her shoulder as she read, arms wrapped around Taylor from behind when she used his chest as a pillow for movie night. Marcus' love language very obviously included physical touch but on the days when his eyes shone that darkened obsidian Taylor noticed him holding himself back. Whether that was due to hunger for her blood, or a different kind of hunger, Taylor was not always sure. If it was the latter, she was getting a bit irritated about it. And grateful her own eyes did not change color with her mood.

Italian Summer is truly something beautiful. If also humid. That day it was warm as Taylor was left alone for a time once more upon Marcus' leaving. This time, however, in the vacation home. Not at the tower, which had been the case as of late for obvious reasons. However, Taylor wished to stay home that day. Which could be seen as progress if one looks at it a certain way.

Marcus, however, had not left until watching her choke down a light breakfast Taylor did not wish to eat. Her stomach had been turning for the past few days. To the point where it was difficult for her to rise in the morning. And her lack of wanting to eat anything lead to low blood sugar, and shaking. Marcus noticed, of course he did, and nipped that in the bud almost immediately. Taylor should've been fairly grateful for the caring nature of her partner. But she found herself bitterly irritated at Marcus almost constantly. At everything really.

She woke before breakfast that morning and dropped her toothbrush in the sink. That made her angry cry. If the two had taken to any sexual activities Taylor would've mused she was pregnant, would've feared it. But that was not her issue and Taylor knew that. In those moments where she'd remember what put her in such a state, Taylor found herself irritated at Corin. She'd grit her teeth and fight the hot tears which welled upon her tired eyelids. Sleeping seemed a chore as of late too. Taylor was unable to sleep at all unless Marcus stayed diligently nearby until she slumbered. She felt burdensome to a being who didn't require sleep.

Taylor was very through being so tense all the time. Outside was beautiful, and though the pool was not yet uncovered she found herself at the poolside. Her swimsuit was orange, with strings stretching snug about her body to make for strange tan-lines if she hadn't applied sunscreen. It wasn't something she'd wear to a public beach. Rather scandalous. But she was alone enough then, thus comfortable to wear it. On her face was a large pair of sunglasses, next to her was a bunched cover-up, and floating above the chair next to her own was Maurice who made like he too was soaking up some sun. Taylor had no idea where Angel was, perhaps she was hiding inside Taylor's head for the day. She was rather absent as of late.

Clear cerulean skies stretched for miles above the rich green of the surrounding forest. Taylor breathed deeply, taking in the scent of the outdoors along with the chemical smell of her spf. It was the beginning of Summer. For the first time in quite a few days, she felt rather calm. Not at all irked at anything. Just content with lounging on the poolside, soaking up some rays.

"I never imagined that it'd ever be proper for a woman to appear so scantly clad before a man other than her lover."

And there goes that.

"Never took you to be a prude, Maurice." Taylor grunted, adjusting her seating slightly. The chair she sat in leaned back with an extended bottom to rest her legs upon.

"I'm no prude, my dear." Maurice corrected with a smirk. "I simply took you for one. Course there are the more obvious reasons. But other than castle wanderings you've been near covered as a nun since we met. Compared to others I've seen of your living generation."