Chapter 2: Ashes Stolen

Comincia dall'inizio

Everyone laughed, except Jaken and the kids.

"Come on, guys. Let's go back to the Edo Village," Kagome said, picking Ayane up and then heading back to the village.

"I agree. It's almost sunset, so we better put them in bed," Ayame said.

Everyone headed back to the village as Jaken was left alone outside in the field. He woke up unconscious and then ran after them. "Wait, you guys! Wait for me!" Jaken shouted, running towards them.

***

When they arrived back at the Edo Village, Kagome and Ayame set their children to Miroku and Sango's place. The twin girls, Sakura and Haruka, laid on the bed beside their younger brother, Tadashi. The two mothers placed Ayane and Makoto on the bed beside them. Sango lights up the five candles. Everyone thought the children looked so adorable when they laid each others' beds.

Miroku wrapped the big blanket around them with a soft smile, tucking them in the bed. "Well, little ones, time to bed," he said kindly. "You guys have a long day today."

"Daddy! Daddy! Can you tell us a story? Please!" Sakura pleaded excitedly.

"Ain't you all supposed to be in bed?" Miroku asked.

"Daddy, please read us a story! Please!" Haruka pleaded, too.

Miroku sighed in defeat and smiled. He sat next to them, looking into their gazes with a soft smile. Well, even more so now they had learned Sesshomaru and Kagome had a daughter for them to play with. Ayane was the oldest one after all.

"Okay, kids, I'll tell you all the story," Miroku said.

"Yay!" They all shouted excitedly.

Miroku then tells them a story. Kagome, Ayame, and Sango were outside hearing Miroku's stories. They all smiled at that, except Sango who wasn't smiling at all.

"I hope he's not telling them a story of how he letcher all the women," Sango said with a sweatdrop.

Kagome chuckled with eyes closed and sweatdropped. "I hope not, too, Sango."

***

It was nighttime and the kids are asleep after listening to the amazing story. Miroku blew out the three candles. In case the whole hut doesn't get darker. He went outside and see the three women are doing. He noticed they were having some 'girls' time' that Miroku didn't mean at all. Even though, everyone knew he was a perverted monk when he was always lecherous to other women.

"The kids are asleep," Miroku said.

Kagome sighed happily. "Good."

"Now we all need some sleep. We have a lot of work to do, especially since we're busy raising the family," Sango said.

Miroku nodded in agreement. "True, Sango."

"Hopefully, our future will be in the next generation when our kids will be grown into adults like us," Ayame said.

Everyone agreed until they heard a loud voice calling out their names. They spun around and saw the familiar young girl running towards them. It was Rin.

Kagome blinked in surprise. "Oh, hi Rin, what's wrong?"

Rin stopped running. She panted heavily as sweat formed on her face. When she was done painting, she looked up and started to speak to her mother. "Mom... Kikyo's ashes were stolen...!" she breathed heavily as they all widened their eyes in shock.

"Kikyo's ashes were stolen!? What happened?" Kagome asked.

"Well, when I and Kohaku went to the shrine, Kikyo's ashes were stolen," Rin explained.