Chapter 1: Forever Happiness

Start from the beginning

"You've been pregnant when we would be able to defeat Naraku and wish for the jewel to disappear, Kagome. Gladly, we finally lived our happy lives together. Just me, you, Ayane, Shippo, and Rin," Sesshomaru said.

She smiled, chuckling. Kagome looked over the children who were playing together. She also looked over at Ayane and Makoto as well.

"Sesshomaru, do you remember that time when I screamed in pain, struggling to give birth to Ayane?" Kagome asked curiously, sounding a bit embarrassed.

Sesshomaru sweatdropped as he looked away, nodding. "Yes, I remember."

Flashback

Kagome was in Kaede's hut, laying on the bed. She screamed in pain while struggling to give birth to the baby. She was now nine months pregnant until the baby is coming. She clenched the small pillow, closing her eyes tightly as she knew the pain will never stop. She moved around, screaming too much. She was covered in sweat after a few hours during childbirth.

She screamed, pushing into her body instead of her head. She clenched her foot into the ground. "AHHHHHHH! IT HURTS! SE-SESSHOMARU" she cried out in pain. "SESSHOMARU, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!? I NEED YOU HERE! HELP!"

"Kagome, you need to relax, honey," Isabo ordered as she frowned and held onto her hand tightly. Kagome knew Isabo has been here for a few hours when the contraction comes, a shortening of the uterine muscles occurring at intervals before and during childbirth which means Kagome was in pain. "Sesshomaru will be there any moment when you need to calm down."

"CALM DOWN!? I'M IN LABOR BECAUSE THE BABY IS COMING! I WANT SESSHOMARU NOW!" Kagome yelled in anger and pain.

"Let us help you, Kagome, until it was done," Isabo said, padding her bare hand and continuing to hold onto it.

"SESSHOMARU!" Kagome screamed in pain again. She felt her eyes fill with tears because of the sharp pain. She sobbed too much when she felt like dying of childbirth. They all know she was scared, but Kagome will never die of giving birth.

"Don't be scared, but we promise you will not die of childbirth," Kaede said, looking over her entrance and waiting for the baby's arrival.

"So please relax, Mom," Rin said who helped Kaede and Isabo out, sitting next to them.

"Guys! Sesshomaru's here!" Ayame called as she and Sesshomaru came in and saw them delivering the baby.

Sesshomaru looked worried. "How is she?"

"She has anxiety during childbirth. You must stay by her side until the baby is born. Kagome has been screaming out your name when you're not around," Isabo said with a frown.

He nodded. "Forgive me. I was able to head back to the Edo Village, but I didn't make it until the demon approached. So I took them down on my own."

Isabo softened her golden eyes. "Very well, Sesshomaru," she replied. "Since you came back from the demon country, I need you to sit next to your daughter. She's glad to see you."

He nodded again as he sat next to his daughter and then held onto Kagome's hand. They both looked into each other's eyes when she remain to calm down. "Kagome, it's okay. I'm here for you and everything's fine," he said calmly. "There is nothing to be scared of."

Kagome groaned in pain, squeezing his hand. "It hurts..."

"I know, but all you need to do is to keep pushing," Sesshomaru said before Kagome took a deep breath and then let it out until she was ready to push. Within a few minutes, she felt something coming from her womanhood.

"Very good, Kagome," Kaede frowned at it as she was ready to deliver it. "I can see its head. Now keep pushing! You're almost done!"

Kagome then gave herself a final push. She felt something coming out of her body as they knew it was bleeding out from her womanhood which made her scream in pain one last time. Then the beautiful infant cried out loudly for air as Kaede passed it to Rin and wrapped it around the baby with the white blanket.

"Congratulations, Sesshomaru and Kagome. It's a girl!" Rin exclaimed happily. She widened her honey-brown eyes as she studied the newborn more carefully. "Wow, and she even looked like Mom!"

Isabo smiled happily. "Congrats, big brother and Kags."

They both smiled back. "Thank you," Sesshomaru said kindly.

"Would ye like to hold her, Kagome?" Kaede asked with a soft smile.

Kagome nodded in response. She felt so happy with her entire life. They were so happy to meet their daughter. Kaede passed the baby to Kagome. She looked over at the baby who had pale skin and black-raven hair with tinted blue. She noticed she didn't have dog ears like Inuyasha. She looked like herself with black hair and pale skin. The baby girl looked like a human being. All of a sudden, the baby opened her eyes and revealed her beautiful icy blue eyes. She did look like Kagome! The infant gazed up at Sesshomaru which made him gasp in surprise. She was beautiful. No... she was more than beautiful. She was positively angelic.

"She's beautiful, Kagome," Sesshomaru murmured.

"She sure is beautiful, Sesshomaru," Kagome said, staring at the infant she was holding.

"What should we name her, Kagome?" Sesshomaru asked.

"Ayane."

He blinked a bit. "Ayane?"

"Yes, Ayane is the meaning of the sound color. Ayane should be a great name," Kagome said, smiling.

He then smiled in return. "Ayane, that is."

Flashback ends

Four years have passed since Ayane was born, and they never felt so happy about living a peaceful life with families and friends. Kagome leaned into Sesshomaru's shoulder with a smile.

"Sesshomaru, about what happened after Ayane's birth, did I make you worry?" Kagome asked curiously, didn't want to ruin his day.

He stared at her before he shook his head. "Of course not, Kagome," he said. "You don't worry me at all. Let's just take Ayane home after the wedding is over."

Kagome nodded with a smile. "I hope so, Sesshomaru."