Chapter Ten : Luna And Alpha Two

JAKE P.O.V

I shake my little mate as I see fear and worry in her sleeping expression.

"Maddie, you need to wake up." I whisper.

It's been an hour since she fell asleep and I'm starting to get worried.

She shoots up in the bed to a sitting position an starts to pant. I watch as I see the sweat run down her face.

"Mom, dad." She pants as she falls back onto her pillows.

"Maddie? What are you talking about?" I ask with worry laced though my voice.

She stops panting and takes in one long breath. "Someone's after me." She says with no expression.

"Xavier!" I shout.

"Yeah?" He says as he enters the room.

Maddie replays the dream she had for us and my heart just stops when she gets to the part about her mother, father and uncle.

"By the sounds of how your biological mother explained things, it sounds like they were a]Alpha and Luna. You uncle probably should have been Alpha if he had found his mate." Xavier explains to Maddie.

"Okay, but I don't get quite a few things that the moon goddess and my bio mom said to me. My bio mom said that I was stronger than everyone else in this house no matter what my rank currently is; and the Moon Goddess said that I haven't shifted yet for a reason. What does all that mean?" She asks.

"I don't know but I plan on finding out." I say.

"Jake, I know you care for me but please remember that I am all new to this and still a little shaky. I've never in my life been shown affection by the people I live with and this is all still so new." She almost whispers.

"I know Maddie and I'm trying my best but you just told me you're in danger and Ace is ready to come out at anyone who intends harm towards you." I say.

"Jake, take it easy." I hear Erin behind her.

"Like hell I'll take it easy." I growl at her.

****
MADDIE P.O.V

I jump back on the bed as Jake growls at Erin and feel that something isn't right. I look around the room earning strange looks from the people standing in the room.

"What are you looking for?" Erin asks.

"I'm not looking for anything, I just got this strange feeling come over me." I reply.

I look over and see the shine on something glass. I walk over slowly to see what it is.

"What is it?" Jake asks ass I pull the objet out from it's hiding place.

I give him an 'are-you-stupid' look as I reveal a wireless camera.

"Shit." I hear Xavier say under his breath.

"Did you just smell that?" I ask as a strong stench suddenly erupts.

"I found something!" Layla come's in panting.

"What did you find?" I ask.

"Your parents are the Alpha and Luna of the Ice Wolf pack. The Ice Wolf pack is the largest pack on the planet and the Alpha and Luna are very powerful." Layla says jumping up and down. "Oh, and Maddie, that also make you the only living heir to the title because your uncle went rouge and you have no siblings." Layla says.

"Wait , does that mean that I'm a Luna? Or soon too be?" I ask.

"Yes, eventually you will have to go and find out who your family is and you will have to meet the pack. You will become Luna of the largest pack in he world and Jake will become Alpha."

"What?" Jake asks.

"Can we get back to the actual problem?" Xavier yells. "What we smelt earlier, was rouge!"

Ah, shit...