Dave POV

"You couldn't find nothing better or appropriate to wear?"

"Please don't start Dave, I just want this damn day over with. I appreciate you for coming though."

"Ain't shit yunno that." Danny got a caught hearing for some chick she beat up at my club Paranoai four years ago. Shit crazy because it ain't none new in New York. Bitches fight everyday but this chick all of a sudden wanna take her to court years later. I just know it's because sis got a little status and money now.

She grown so much though. Danny really been on her mature shit, being more private with her life and focusing on her music. Even despite that, she still gets backlash online but I guess it comes with the industry. You gotta have thick skin for this game of life especially when you expose yourself to the public like that so Danny got my respect even more for the way she has been handling herself lately. Babysis always give me a reason to be proud of her.

After the court hearing Danny went to our parents crib and I drove home. The kids made a damn mess in the living room. It was toys everywhere, even a damn bike laid at the top of the stairs.
"Somebody smelling funky. Who ain't bathed yet?!"
"Dimitri !" Reina shouted pointing at him with one hand and holding her nose with the other.
"Reina you doing your brother wrong child." Lily laughed as she walked through the living room starting to pick up the toys off the floor.
"Can't believe I got a snitch for a daughter man." I shook my head.
"Y'all clean up this floor, pack em toys up. That ain't your mama job c'mon." I told the kids. They started on it immediately and I headed upstairs to change.

When I got back downstairs Lily handed me a plate.

"Thank you mamas."

"How did court go? And why'd you bathe before washing Dimitri?"

"It went well and I just changed my clothes, I ain't bathe. You gon have to bathe him though cause I'm bout to head out."

"What? You just got here Dave."

"I know but I got some shit to handle at the trap."

"At the trap.. are you serious right now? You've been gon all day at least spend some time with the kids."

"Chill ma, I'm not gon be out long."

"David the point is that you're always out. You think the kids don't notice your absence?"

"You make it sound like I'm never around." I really don't wanna talk about this right now. She's been complaining so much lately. I'm just trynna enjoy a good home-cooked meal.

"For fuck's sake Dave because you're hardly ever around lately. It's a quick pop up and pop back out like you're doing right now!"

"Lower your tone."

"You don't gotta worry about my tone cause I'm done talking." With that said she walked off and I heard her slam the bedroom door upstairs.

After I finished eating, I gave Dimitri a bath then made some cereal for him and Reina. When they went backup to their bedrooms I went into mine I let Lily know I was heading out. She ain't paid me no attention.

*Calling Keisha*

Hello?

You home?

YeH nigga where else would I be

Aight no need to get smart with me man. I'm pulling up

Okay

*Call ended*

"What brings you here East?"Kiki asked as soon as I walked in.

"I promised I'd keep checking on y'all. Where Brianna at?"

"Being bad asl in the living room. She act like it ain't passed her bedtime."

"Being bad in her blood, you forget who her daddy is?" I joked.

"Right.. speaking of which Lily told me about Safi."

"Word? How you feeling?"

"You don't seem surprised that she told me and my feelings are all over the place so ask me another time."

"I guess that's expected."

"What are you going to do?"

"Don't worry bout it, it'll be handled. The less y'all know the better."

"It's a bit late for that though isn't it East."

I stayed just under twenty minutes before I went to the trap. Bully and I been trynna track Safi nigga for a minute now. It's like one minute he there and the next, he ghost. I don't put it pass her to tip the nigga off so I guess that means we gotta pay her another little visit.

Let's talk about it..

1. Y'all think Dave reason for being upset was valid about Lily partying with Safi? Who was in the wrong?

2. If y'all were in Lily's shoes, would y'all have told Kiki the truth about Safi & Shooter?

3. Can we just admire Danny's growth & how East keeping his word and checking in on Kiki and her daughter 🥹

If y'all liked the chapter please vote.