11

NINA

Although I wanted to reach out to him again, I sat back and let him drive us to his home. For our date. Was it a date? I didn't want to assume, but it felt like it. Probably because it is.

I craned my neck, letting the side of my face rest against the seat.

Theo looked...really fucking good.

He smelled good too.

How on earth was I supposed to act as if I didn't want to take my dress off right there? How was I supposed to act as I didn't want Theo to kiss me? I was attracted to him, and I knew that I was going to have a hard time pretending that I wasn't.

Why do you need to? I questioned myself, wondering why it was so fucking hard to show Theo that I wanted to...feel him.

From the moment I stepped out of my complex and witnessed the absolute awe in his eyes—I knew that keeping my hands to myself would be harder than I thought. How could I when he looked at me as if I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen?

I don't even think he realised how he stared at me, and how it made me feel.

I glanced at Theo, seeing that he wore a black t-shirt that matched the dark ink on his hands and toned arms. He wasn't wearing his glasses, leaving his brown eyes and thick lashes on display.

While he talked, I noticed that his accent was a little more prominent than usual.

I never got to ask him where he's from.

Theo cleared his throat, looking anywhere but me. It was clear he was flustered, but his attempt at concealing it was a fail. I let out a small laugh as I fixed my dress. Let me put the poor boy out of his misery.

"So," Theo started, letting the tip of his tongue run across his lower lip. "What happened?'

"What do you mean?" I asked, mindlessly playing with the seatbelt across my chest.

"You needed an hour," he asked, his voice soft. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," I answered, remembering the disappointment in his voice when he thought I wasn't going to show. "I was with a friend of mine and we got caught up. I'm sorry."

I almost chuckled as I recalled my conversation with Callie.

'Stop pretending that you aren't in dire need of a thorough fucking, or a Theo fucking,'

That girl was going to be the death of me, I swear. She was convinced that I lacked the skills to pursue what I wanted, but I had no desire to prove her right or wrong.

What happened—happened.

"Okay," Theo murmured, turning a corner that led to his complex. "A close friend of yours?"

"Kind of," I answered, watching him enter the familiar parking lot. "She's a friend from Oakland visiting her grandma. She's leaving tomorrow."

I could have sworn I saw relief in his eyes, even though he was focused on reversing into his parking space.

I glanced down at his hands, watching as he ran his palm over the wheel. Theo had really nice hands. The type of hands that would look good roaming your body. I shook my head at my fucked up thoughts.

I wasn't going to think about that, and how badly I wanted it.

"Are you hungry?" he asked, turning to gaze at me once he killed the engine.

I nodded vigorously, letting my hand run over my empty belly. "Starving."

"Let's get inside," Theo said, smiling as he clicked the button to unbuckle my seatbelt for me. "Can't let you be hungry, now can we?"