Part 6. Closer On The Trail.

Start from the beginning

"Come on now, Big Dawg. Be happy our competition's back!" Nitro cheered. "You're not competition. You're just a moron with super strength steroids because you can't keep up with the rest of us. Should I go on?" Phantom asked as Nitro took major offense to the comment.

"Ohhhh- beef, beef, beef!" Ravage cheered. The rivalry between Phantom and Nitro had always been entertaining to watch. One of the few things Derek Pike liked more than a fight.

"The fuck you say!?" Nitro yelled. "You heard me!" Phantom shouted back as he got off the ice stone and got inches away from Nitro, both of them wanting to beat the other into the grave.

"Go on, say it again..." Nitro growled out in anger towards Phantom. "What's wrong? Your hearing a little off? Your senses not working right after that splitting headache that demon gave you?" Phantom said, smirking behind his helmet. But Ravage just couldn't resist the chance to make a joke. "look, I know we live in this frozen wasteland, but DAMN, THAT WAS A COLD SNAP!"

DEEPER IN THE ICE CAVES.

"Ok, we'll just continue deeper until we find a way out. We'll be fine guys." Charlie said with a smile. "As you say, Toots." Angel said as he followed behind the two. "Just listen and don't cause issues for us, Angel. Those war ships won't spot us in the caves. We need to be fast." Vaggie said as they continued deeper into the caves.

"Phew... look at that. Beautiful. Well, not as beautiful as me, but, uh... ya know, close second." Angel said as the trio saw the cave's expanse. Clear blue walls of ice, the sunlight from outside lighting up the cave systems, the blue light draping over them.

"Oh, wow! This place looks amazing! The light! The white snow! Even in broken places, there can be something this beautiful..." Charlie said as she followed behind her friends.

"Charlie! We have to be focused." Vaggie said. "I know, I know! It's just... I've never been on earth before... even with the circumstances... it's beautiful. I just wish our first visit to earth played out differently..." Charlie said.

"Hate to ruin your love of environmental beauty, but it's about to get real ugly!" Angel said as they followed him into a large cave, a large abandoned Dark Core base inside.

Dead dark core soldiers were laying across the frozen metal walkway that connected the cave entrance and the base over dark ice caverns below.

"The fuck happened? Just a bunch of fuckin stiffs now." Angel said he stepped over the bodies. "Maybe you should still respect the dead, Angel. It's not nice to mock them..." Charlie said as they continued over the bodies across the metal bridge. "No offense, Blondie, but ya know you're gonna have to make some of these boys stiffs yourself, Right?" Angel said with a sly smirk.

"What!? No! I'm gonna kill anyone! I'll defend myself, but I won't take a human life. They only get one, Angel." Charlie said. "Ha... Whatever ever you say, Babe." Angel said as they made it across the bridge.

"This place is huge. Wonder what this base was for?" Vaggie said as they entered the large metal base, square in shape. The roof was completely gone, the ice layer of above them shining blue. But what was weird was that there was something moving up there. Even a red light glowing slightly. "What is that?" Vaggie questioned as she narrowed her eye at the ceiling.

THE ICE CAVE CATACOMBS.

"Damn, it's freezing." Ravage said as he and Nitro followed Phantom through the catacombs. The blue light from the ice and sun shining over them.

"Yo, Big Dawg, you know what you're doing? I mean, I can take lead, ya know." Nitro asked smugly. "No." Phantom said coldly. He wasn't in the mood for another one of Nitro's epic failures. Like Rigg's usual.

"...Can I take lead?" Ravage asked excitedly. "I said no." Phantom respond. "Dije que no, bla, bla, bla..." Ravage said annoyed. "I heard that." Phantom said, scoffing at the two. He preferred to work alone. It was quicker. This was... slow.

"You..." said a dark voice behind them in the shadows.

The three Dark Core Leaders turned around to see a figure standing there, a tall black demon, long horns, a strange white face. It was holding two long swords in its hands as it stood there with a large smile. "I smell the scent of hell on you... Your soul will be mine..." said the creature.

"Eh, we saw you!" Nitro said. This was the same creature they saw flying around earlier. Just after we left Maria Shaw. "Yo, Big Dawg, you went to hell and got a magic sword. I think he's talking to you." Said Nitro as he and Ravage took a step behind Phantom.

"Yeah... forget what I said. You can be lead, Phantom." Ravage said as he back behind Phantom alongside Nitro.

Phantom looked at his hands and thought about a few tricks he still had saved. It wasn't just a magic sword he got from hell, he thought as red lightning sparked in his hands as he looked at the monster.

"You want my soul? Earn it..."