Midnight Kiss

(Not gonna lie, I couldn't think of a better title, but I don't really think there was any other option for this... especially since this type of oneshot has already been done by other people (not necessarily with the RJ ship) but meh, there's not a rule saying I can't do my own)

(This oneshot would take place after their HSM musical, but Ricky hasn't confessed that he likes EJ, therefore, they haven't kissed yet... let's see how this goes!)

---------------------------------------------

The wildcats were once again gathered at Ashlyn's house having fun with their current party, this time being the New Year's Eve party, all of them were having fun, whether it was dancing, singing, or anything else that came to their mind, while waiting to do the countdown.

However, as much fun as everyone was having, there was a certain curly-haired boy that despite enjoying the party, was trying to get himself to tell the waterpolo-theater guy of the group how he truly felt about him.

Nini: you ok Ricky? *says as she walks towards him in the kitchen*

Ricky: y-yeah, just... wanted to get something to drink real quick *says opening the fridge, finding a can of soda*

Nini: really? because I was sure that you were trying to locate a certain boy *smirks*

Ricky immediately blushed as he knew that he had no way of fooling Nini, there's a reason why she's one of his best friends.

Ricky: I- well- I just- *sighs* fine, you got me, I was hoping I could find EJ but I don't see him *still looking for him*

Nini: Ashlyn told me that he was gonna get here in a little bit, but you still have time to tell him before midnight.

Ricky: what makes you think I'd want to tell him at midnight? *looks at her confused*

Nini: because that way you two would be able to kiss right as the clock strikes midnight, I know me and Gina are gonna do it *says with a smile*

Ricky: wait, you and Gina?! when did that happen?! *shocked*

Nini: opening night, right after we did the curtain call *says casually*

Ricky had his mouth wide open, mainly because he had just found out about it, and was most likely one of the last people to find out.

Ricky: well... I'm happy for you two *says with a small smile*

Nini: thank you Ricky, and don't worry, I'm sure that EJ feels the same way *says before walking away*

Ricky stayed in place still thinking about it, because he honestly wasn't so sure. Did he actually feel the same way Ricky does? or was he getting hopeful over something that might not happen at all?

His train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door, that apparently only he heard, so he went to open the door, and sure enough, EJ was standing there, as handsome as always, with a smile that he wasn't sure if it got bigger as he saw Ricky or if he was already smiling excited for the party.

EJ: hey Ricky! *hugs him*

Ricky: h-hey EJ *blushing intensely as he then hugs him back*

EJ then patted his back to give an end to the hug, but the two stayed in place as they looked at each other. This lasted for a few seconds, before Ashlyn had walked towards them to greet her cousin, closing the door in the process, and take him with the rest of the wildcats.

It wasn't until then that Ricky realized he hadn't moved at all, so he came out of his trance, and looked at the living room where all of his friends, were having fun. All of them currently dancing at whatever song was playing, laughing, smiling, etc. But he mostly looked at EJ who was already having lots of fun.