Unsaid Family

(if you know what this is from, you'll probably need some tissues ready, I'm looking at you Mikester2008, even if you're not reading this)

We start with EJ walking towards the front door of what used to be Ricky's hosue, ready to go in and show the song he found, to his parents, and just as he's just about to hit the doorbell, Ricky appears next to him.

EJ: *looks at him* Ricky!

Ricky: *looks at him* What are you doing here?

EJ: OK, look... I-I just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. Um... so, I came here last week on your birthday.

Ricky: you were spying on me? *EJ looks down* Even after all your speeches about boundaries, you were spying on me?

EJ: I know... I'm sorry, it was wrong. But I'm worried about you

Ricky: You don't have to be *says in a low voice*

EJ: ...I get it. I know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't... I feel that way every day

Ricky: ...I don't even know what I'd say to them even if they could hear me

EJ: yes, you do. You've already said it

Ricky looks at EJ trying to understand what he means.

EJ: Trust me *whispers*

Next thing EJ knows, is that Ricky decided to ring the doorbell, trusting EJ despite not knowing what he's planning, he walks a few steps away from the door, and EJ places himself in front of the door, as a man with notable grey hair, opens the door and looks at him.

???: Hello, can I help you?

EJ: Hi, I'm EJ, Um... I believe you had a son named Ricky? *Ricky stands behind EJ*

???: Yes, that's right... And you are again?

EJ: EJ Caswell. Um... your son's band used to play in my family's garage?

The man is not exactly sure about that, and EJ decides to take out something from his pocket.

EJ: *takes out a piece of paper* I-I came across this song that he wrote *Ricky looks at the paper*, and figured you might be interested? *extends his arm with the paper*

???: Um... well, yes. Uh, please... please come in, I'm-I'm Mike *walks back inside*

EJ: Nice to meet you *walks in*

EJ grabs the door and turns to Ricky moving his head to tell him to get in, to which Ricky quickly does, as EJ closes the door after him.

Mike: Can I, um, get you something

EJ: *looks at him* Oh, no. I'm good, thank you *looks at a picture frame and grabs it* is this your son?

Mike: Yeah, that's Ricky. When he was two

EJ: *looks at Mike* Do you have any other children?

Mike: *shakes his head* No

They both turn around to watch a woman that looks to be the same age as Mike, enter the living room.

???: Did I hear the doorbell?

Mike: Hi Lynne. Um, this is EJ.

(Just for story purposes, it's gonna be Lynne, just that)

Lynne: Hello, EJ. *EJ slightly nods* Oh, that's a beautiful sweater (I personally picture EJ in this moment with the sweater he's wearing at the thanksgiving party in S1)

RJ oneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara