Snow day!

(Despite the title, the snow day doesn't actually happen at the beginning of this, but it is the major focus of this oneshot)

(Also, this will be a PURE RJ/CASWEN oneshot, and what I mean by that is that only Ricky and EJ will have dialogues, no one else)

School had finished for the day, and all students had already left East High, some were going to a part-time job they have, others went to different places to spend time in before going to their homes, some decided to take advantage of the cold wheather and get something hot, and then there are the ones who went back to their home immediately, whether to do the homework they were left with, or simply wanting to rest for the day.

Such was the case for Ricky Bowen, who upon entering, said hi to his dad, ate some take-out with him and then went to his room, and plopped onto his bed ready to stay there for most of the day... if it wasn't for his phone that started ringing.

Ricky: *groans* come on, I just want to rest! *says as he grabs his phone*

But upon seeing who was calling him, more specifically wanting to facetime him, he suddenly got a bit nervous but also happy, and he didn't waste anymore time leaving the other person on hold

Ricky: what's up E? *says laying down on his bed*

EJ: hey Ricky, you still coming to my house so we can start on the project?

In that moment, Ricky's eyes went wide open as he had completely forgotten about it.

Ricky: I forgot about the project! Uhh.... give me a few minutes and I'll be there soon, I promise! *says as he puts the phone against his alarm on the nightstand heading for his closet

EJ: if you want I could go pick you up

Ricky: *going through his clothes* nonono it's ok, I just need a quick shower and change of clothes 'cause I had P.E. today and ended up swearting a lot *says as he takes off his shirt*

In that moment, EJ had to completely stay quiet and think of other stuff, due to him having a perfect view of the back of a shirtless Ricky... to make matters worse, or better depending on how you look at it, Ricky had then turned around quickly went for his phone, and then EJ was on the clear as he was now just looking at Ricky's face

Ricky: uhh... give me 15 minutes and I'll be there, ok?

EJ: *clears throat* um, yeah sure, sure, I'll go get my stuff ready for the project, ring the doorbell when you arrive

Ricky: yeah sure, see you soon, bye! *waving his hand at the camera*

EJ: bye! *chuckles at Ricky waving his hand*

As soon as the facetime was over, Ricky grabbed a towel and got in the shower after undressing, finishing in record time and quickly changed into his clothes, putting on a scarf and a beanie for the cold, grabbed his backpack then got downstairs and told his dad he was gonna go to EJ's house and got out with his skateboard.

As he was making his way to EJ's house, he noticed how the sky was a bit cloudy, not the type that would bring rain, but still didn't know what it would mean. Eventually he reached the Caswell residence with a minute left and was already standing at the front door.

He suddenly got a bit nervous since he is spending time alone with EJ, who's also his crush, but hopefully he'll get through this without a problem, so now he reaches for the door bell and hesitates for a moment before finally ringing it.