Boruto ran back to his house without looking straight. He bumped into many people, but continued running without even bothering to stop and apologize.

As he was about to turn into a corner, he bumped hard into someone, causing both of them to lose balance and fall.

The person was supporting himself with his elbows while Boruto was lying on top of the man.

"Boruto..." The guy called.

Boruto looked up. "Shino-sensei?"

Boruto immediately got up helped Shino on his feet.

Dusting his clothes, Shino asked. "Boruto, what are you-"

"Sorry sensei, I gotta go." Boruto ran off without letting the man complete his sentence.

Shino sighed shaking his head and continued his way.

.....

Boruto was continuously thinking about killing himself. But he couldn't bring himself to do it yet cause a small part of him always tells him that his dear ones would be sad losing him.

To him, it is not cool to make his mom and younger sister cry. If his existence is giving everyone happiness, he shall try and hold on for a little longer.

Of course, that comes with the guilt of letting himself live while the world is in danger because of his existence.

So he continued cutting himself, as a punishment for still being alive.

Another week has passed, with Boruto not going out of his house.

Total two weeks of not eating anything. Of course his family was dead worried.

(We don't need to know Naruto's response to the Kage's proposal.)

And during this week, Boruto started to feel extremely lonely. Even though he's surrounded by his family, he still felt everyone's so far away from him. So far, that he can't seem to close the distance no matter how fast he ran towards them.

Boruto started throwing tantrums when Naruto gets ready to leave to Hokage tower.

He would scream and beg Naruto to not leave him alone, while hugging Naruto's leg.

It came to the point where even our tsundere Kurama couldn't take the heartache anymore.

So after two days of this continuing in a row, Kurama started to slowly leak his chakra while Boruto hugged Naruto's leg.

Kurama's warm and soothing chakra relaxes the already tired and sleep deprived Boruto, slowly coaxing him to sleep.

The effect won't last long before Boruto would startle awake because of another nightmare of him destroying the world, so Naruto has to leave during the small time period when Boruto falls asleep.

The same thing happens when Boruto wakes up from his forced slumber, to see the next batch, Kawaki and Himawari getting ready to go to the academy.

Round 2 of temper tantrums.

It comes to the point Boruto and Hinata would accompany Kawaki and Himawari to the academy, because Boruto wouldn't let go.

After Kawaki and Himawari somehow break free of Boruto's grip and ran to their classrooms, while Hinata holds him back, Boruto would sit infront of the gate saying that he'll wait for his siblings until the academy is over.

Being the great mother she is, Hinata would gently remind Boruto that Naruto, Kawaki and Himawari would come back in the evening and he would be able to see them again.