Chapter 10: When Spring Comes

"Morning." Kaede greeted the sleepy teens that came down. Widening their eyes, Kyo and Yuki had forgot that the woman stayed with them. 

Tohru happily bounced over to the woman and wrapped her arms around Kaede's waist. 

"Let me help cook!" Tohru announced as she let go and went to the stove. 

"Its alright, it's almost done. Could you set up the table, Tohru." Kaede stated as she cleaned her hands and went to the stove. 

"Yes, ma'm!~" Tohru playfully responded and grabbed the chopsticks. 

"How unusual." Yuki mumbled to himself as he and Kyo sat down at the table. 

"Its strange to see someone else in the kitchen." Kyo commented as he laid down. 

"Aunty is a good cook!" Tohru stated as Kaede walked over and placed down four plates of fish, vegetables, and miso soup. 

"I hope you enjoy my cooking, though its not as good as Tohru's." Kaede stated as she came back with the rice cooker and sat down across of Tohru. Handing out the bowls of rice, they started eating. 

"Its good. Thank you." Yuki spoke after Tohru who complimented the food endlessly. 

"Its not bad." Kyo added on. 

With a chuckle the group finished the meal, cleaned up and hung out in the living room watching TV. 

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Kaede began as she walked over to her duffel bag and brought it over to the group. The teens looking over and watching the woman. 

"I bought souvenirs!" Kaede cheered as she began to pull out a bunch of stuff. 

"That's a lot." Kyo commented as he laid his head on the table while looking at all the stuff. 

Kaede chuckled and nodded her head, while searching for the one's meant for them. 

"Here this one's for you, Tohru." Kaede handed the girl a package of cute hair ties and accessories, some cherry blossom themed goods. She then passed the silver haired boy a pretty cherry blossom book mark with hints of blue on it. Then for the orange haired kid, she passed him a key chain. 

"I didn't know what you boys liked specifically so I went off the gut feeling on what Tohru told me about you guys. But I also bought the Fukushima special limited time seasonal snacks. So you can share this with your guardian as well." Kaede placed a large box of snacks on the table.   

"Thank you so much Katsunuma-san. That's very kind of you." Yuki said as he looked at the book mark. 

"Thanks." Kyo mumbled out while Tohru came over and gave the woman a big hug. 

________________

"You're leaving already?" Tohru said with a saddened face. Kaede smiled and ruffled the girl's hair as she picked the duffel bag on her shoulder. 

"I'll just be dropping my stuff at home and bring fresher clothes. Besides, I need to clean up the apartment. I plan on inviting the boys to stay over as well. Since, I stayed over at their place they can come to mine." Kaede informed as the Yuki shook his head as it was okay. 

With a chuckle, Kaede dug in her purse and pulled out a key. 

"I heard you lost the key I gave you, so don't lose this one." In response Tohru became flustered as she took the key and looked up at Kaede. 

"How did you know? But I didn't mean to lose it! I-"

"Don't worry about it. I'm just glad things were settled and you have a place to stay at. Sohma-kun, Kyo-kun thanks for letting me stay over, I'll be back in a bit but I have to handle some stuff. But over this break I'll have you guys come over. Oh and tell me what you want to eat for dinner, I'll buy groceries."