Chapter 5: Greetings and Goodbyes

"Oi! Why the hell do you all care?! Questioning me about this and that?! Get the hell out of here!!" A voice echoed throughout the hospital walls, soon after sounds of glass shattering and things falling to the ground. Patients, nurses, and doctors that were outside of the room listened with wide eyes and scrambled away from the room. Soon enough teachers and police  scrambled out of the room and ruffled their hair in frustration. 

"Hah. That damn kid. Can't even calmly talk and answer our questions. Let's leave and we'll come back another time." A teacher spoke to the others as they all shared the same look of frustration and slight disgust. 

"Pardon me." Kaede spoke up as she slipped through them and went to open the door. 

"Wait miss!" A man reached out and grabbed her arm. His eyes slightly widening and blushing as he saw the woman's appearance. Her amber red eyes that shone brightly under the lights and her long flowing brown hair that glistened. 

"Yes?" Kaede turned to the group as they gave her wary looks. 

"U-um. I wouldn't go in there if I were you. That child has some temper issues and made a mess out of the room. Its dangerous." The man spoke as he let go of her wrist, while the others nodded their head in agreement. 

With a smile, Kaede nodded her head in understanding. "I see....However, I was the one who treated the child in there. As a doctor it is my duty to make sure that the patient is okay. Plus, the boy in there is only a child." Turning her head, Kaede gave a small nod of her head before a nurse approached the group and lead them down the hall. 

Knocking on the door, Kaede announced herself. "This is Dr. Katsunuma. I'm coming in for a checkup" 

After entering and sliding the door shut, a clipboard was quickly thrown, narrowly missing her head. Looking up, Kaede took in the messy room with the flower vase broken, flowers scattered, papers and other materials were scattered everywhere. With a small smile, Kaede bent down and picked up the clipboard and flipped through a couple pages that were left on it. 

"Get the hell out of here like the rest of them!" The teen boy yelled as he glared daggers at the young woman. However, she was not deterred and continued to walk closer, stepping over the stuff scattering the floor. 

"Are you alright?" Kaede spoke softly as she pulled out a chair a sat beside the bed. Her calm attitude somehow urked the male as he became wary with her presence. The boy's brows furrowing together and his fists clenching the sheets. 

"Do I look okay to you?!" He bit back as he stared into Kaede's amber eyes. In return she took in his condition. 

A head injury, a busted lip,  bruises forming all over the body, and a broken arm. 

"No indeed you do not. But I thought I'd ask you to get your opinion on how you were feeling." Kaede began as she approached this person similarly to how she did to a person years ago. Their image overlapping with this boy's. 

______________

Years ago

With a small smile on her face, the young Kaede walked to school not minding how the children fled away from her figure. She didn't care anymore. Regardless of how they saw her, it wouldn't change and she didn't care. 

While her parents never loved her, Kaede felt it from Kyoko when she came to her rescue. But today, felt pretty good. Recently, Kyoko has been putting effort into studying and started to care. Seeing Kyoko change slowly made Kaede happy. It was a good change where Kyoko was now smiling a lot more and was happier. 

'Maybe its because of that mysterious guy who Nee-san has been hanging out with...' Kaede thought as she kicked a rock, her mind drifting to high school mock exams that Kyoko was going to take. It was a shame that she never got to see her off, but knowing Kyoko she was either letting off steam by fighting or she was meeting that friend of her's.