"I would never falsely accuse." He stared at us. "I would ponder the reasoning behind the assailant's attack."

"Yeira, any idea why the assailant would do that?" Maman continued drawing.

"Let me think..." I pondered and held my chin. "It's not that easy of a thought. Maybe his last actions with causing an innocent girl to be repeatedly murdered and then trying to kill her himself? Who knows?" I shrugged and sat back.

Vanya smirked my way before staring at Stefan. Stefan released a low hum and flitted his eyes at Iris, who shrunk down in fear. Stefan nodded before standing. He stated that he would start an investigation on Damyan's attacker before leaving. The moment he left, Maman looked up. She sent me a smirk and wink before continuing her portrait.

I had my entertainment, so I jumped up. I wandered the halls and ended up outside. I crossed my arms as the blizzard wailed around me. I felt another presence and smirked. Yevfrosinya walked next to me and stared into the abyss as well. We didn't speak, but the tension and hostility spoke volumes.

"You distanced yourself from Geneve because of her involvement with Sophie's disappearance. You're aware that she doesn't like traitors."

"And I don't like assaulters who target my children." She snapped.

"He deserved it." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not debating anything with you. He's my son."

"Unfortunate for you." I smirked at her glare. "Now, tell me something."

"What?"

"What's the likelihood of a blizzard hovering over a specific area and not moving?"

"Why are you asking?" She questioned.

"Because your husband is involved in an investigation into the Queen consort. That's a high priority mission. So tell me why he's prolonging his stay here and not rushing back?"

"You'd have to ask him."

"I don't need to waste my time. You two are preparing for an attack." I faced her. "You suspect Geneve, don't you?"

"Her people." Yevfrosinya confirmed.

"And the blizzard is a cover for them to advance. How many soldiers haven't returned?"

"30." She stated.

"Hmm... any success on your opponents?"

"A message." Yevfrosinya faced me. "We're next."

"I see." I muttered.

"Your mother knows."

"She's not stupid." I faced forward again. "We'd have left if she really wanted to." I gripped the railing. "I'd stay inside." I advised. "They'll attack soon." I stared at the snowstorm.

"How do you know?"

"See that?" I pointed at black soot falling from the air. "Today." I smirked and entered the palace.

It didn't take me long to find Maman inside. She seemed a little irritated that I chose to disembowel Damyan the day there'd be an attack here. I shrugged and told her I didn't know what she was talking about. Maman rolled her eyes and had me follow her to the war room. Stefan discussed tactics with his head security.

"Why are they acting as if there will be a war? It'd be a simple scare tactic. To send a message." I whispered to Maman.

"I know. They'll be a kidnapping attempt and that's if. They're gonna recreate what they did with Sophie."

"I figured that as well." I scratched my head. "But, who?" Our eyes shot open. "IRIS!"

I focused my sensed and picked up her scent. I sped to the basement, where I found her flailing. A spy had his hand wrapped around her mouth as he picked her up. Iris struggled to fight him off. Ya, Vanya needs to teach her combat. I easily approached them and kicked the guy's head off. Iris stared at me wide eyed as I helped steady her.

"Where's Vanya?"

"Right here." Maman whizzed with a disheveled Vanya. "She had to fight a little."

"Too much." Vanya straightened her hair. "Are you ok?" She cupped Iris' cheeks. "It's okay. I've got you. You're safe." Iris nodded and hid her face in Vanya's chest.

"Stefan and his men have control of the issue. Stefan will be heading to the vamp realm soon as will I. I just need to get you back to Croatia, speak to your mum, and I'll be on my way. Good?"

"Great." I then faced Vanya and Iris. "Nice to meet you. Though, I think Damyan was my favorite Romanov." I grinned.

"I don't doubt that." Maman wrapped an arm around me. "Keep me updated Vanya. I think they'll do an emergency and send all vamp leaders to the vamp realm for extra protection. They'll do a shutdown until they get the Geneve problem under control. I'll be there to help assist with it." She then looked my way. "Mila and I will have to fake the twins being there to allow Geneve to think we're all in one place."

"Thank you, Lara." Vanya spoke.

"You're welcome, old friend." She winked.

"Thanks, Yei!" Iris smiled. "I owe you."

"You can fulfill that by having Vanya teach you proper self defense." I grinned.