fifteen

Luke never left Rosa's mind anymore. The kiss they shared yesterday was something really weird. It felt right and they stood there and kissed for ten minutes or something. Rosa didn't even know why she let him kiss her. She was confused, but Rosa had been confused since she first talked to Luke.

When she came to school, all she wanted was to sleep. Rosa hadn't gotten too much sleep last night because Max was crying all night. Her head hurt too, just to make this day even worse.

When she came to her locker, she sighed in relief because Luke wasn't there. Chris and Ashton were standing there though, but she didn't mind them. As long as Luke stayed away from her, she was happy. 

Rosa was angry, no furious, at Luke. He was such a jerk all the time, but then kissed her just so she felt more confused about her feelings for Luke. Rosa knew she had some feelings for him, but she also knew that Luke only cared about himself and his reputation and she couldn't like a boy like that.

"Rosa! Hey!" Chris said, giving her a quick hug just like Ashton did. 

"Hi." she yawned, trying to get more awake, even though she knew it would be impossible. 

"Tired today?" Ashton teased. 

"Yeah!" she pouted as they made their way to English class. 

Chris was actually in all of Rosa's classes which was nice because she really wanted someone she could talk to that wasn't Luke because Luke was just a beautiful annoying person, but mostly annoying.

Ashton was in the English class too so they all sat down in the back and started talking. The teacher was apparently sick today so they had a substitute who was letting them do what they wanted.

When psychology class came, Rosa decided to sit in the back with Chris instead of in the middle with Luke. She didn't want to talk to Luke because he had made it pretty obvious that he just cared about himself. 

She thought that someone else would want to sit with Luke so when she sat down where Emilia often sat, she didn't feel bad because everyone knew Emilia had a crush on Luke, even Luke knew.

Luke came into the classroom before the teacher and Rosa noticed how tired he looked too. He wore sweatpants and a big, black hoodie. His hair was hidden under a beanie and he had big bags under his eyes. 

When he noticed that Rosa wasn't sitting where she usual sat, a big frown found its way onto his face too, making Rosa feel a bit bad even though she shouldn't.

Rosa noticed that Luke searched the whole room until his eyes landed on her. She felt something ticklish inside of her and saw that Luke sighed before he walked over to his usual place. Rosa also noticed that he would take up his phone every now and then just to sigh and lay the phone down again. Was he waiting for an important call?

The teacher was talking and talking and talking. Rosa couldn't even focus as her eyes still was on the boy with the crystal blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. She wanted to hit herself for not being able to stop staring at him, but she noticed that something had changed in him. He just looked sad and hurt and Rosa didn't like the sight of that.

After class, Chris took his hand on Rosa's shoulder. 

"Are you alright Rosa? You seemed a bit distracted in class." he said, a worried look on his face. 

Rosa looked over at Luke who was still sitting on his chair even though the class was done and he was usually the first one out. His eyes locked with her's for a split second before he stared down at the floor. 

"Rosa?" Chris asked again and waved in front of her face. 

"Oh, yeah. I'm alright. Let's go get some lunch." she smiled and walked out of the classroom, feeling mean for just leaving when it was obviously something wrong with Luke.