Something that saved your life for hours in the ocean suddenly returned to your body and allowed you to return to shore. On dry sand. On a hard surface you'll never drown under. Where there isn't something that's eaten the ship.

The lifejacket that sailed away earlier. The thing that fell off of you and caused you to die already.

However, you were in life jacket now. Does anything else matter?

You didn't know you were even alive.

You didn't know that in one moment your body touched dry land.

You were brought to shore unconscious.

You were examined, you were cared for. Everything was done to keep you alive and well. Suspicious people did not harm. They helped people. They helped you then. It was the most important thing for you

Your life has been saved. First because of an unknown cause, and then because of these people.

You woke up after a few days, warm.

In a hospital bed. There was no water around you. There were no monsters.

You could sleep peacefully.

Your mind wasn't good.

Two days after you woke up, a strange woman came to you with strange eyes. They didn't look natural, but she was pretty to you. She was very nice. She kept smiling. She treated you like someone who wasn't hurt. She was careful and serious enough, but she treated you like the child you were. She tried to cheer you up and also make you trust her.

She asked you questions.

She asked what happened. She asked what you saw. You told her everything she wanted to know.
You had a feeling that she knew what you were talking about and also that she believed you.

She was one of the people standing on the beach. People in suits and coats.

Only these people know that 15 years ago you were fished out of the water and ashore. Only they knew you survived. They helped

They told the media and everyone else that only a lifejacket from a ship had been found on the beach, which was probably driven all the way to shore by waves and wind.

People did not know that there was a person in the world who experienced such a macabre moment.

To this day, it remains a mystery how you ended up on the beach.

It is incomprehensible to them as well as to you.

You spent six years in therapy. Until finally that terrible memory became more and more isolated.

After all, you got a new family. And a chance to start a new life. Memories will remain.

That's why you hate water life. Something that took your family, and almost took you

You're not in deep water. You take a shower. You do not approach the sea, nor the lakes, ponds and rivers.

Even if you want to discover the truth why you survived that day, you don't want to go back to the water.

Even though it's the only way, in the water, that you could know this secret.

You are 21 years old. You have your own apartment, a well-paying job.

Whenever you see people in suits and black coats, you know it's them. People who call themselves "devil hunters". People who probably want to catch what killed so many people. People who are the only ones who know about your past.

You know one thing for sure.

That someday you will discover it. Whether you like it or not.

You have questions that only water can answer.

A/n: I found a picture of what a mermaid devil might look like:

Our boy will be in the next chapter ^^