cinco

After dinner, Professor Clavell gave us a "challenge" for the day. We had to build a campfire with our group. He said he would give us some extra credit when we go back to the academy after break if we were able to do it.

It shouldn't be too hard, I mean there's four of us working together. But then again Arven and Nemona will probably build it as Penny and I sit back and watch, which i'm not mad about.

"Does anyone actually know how to make a fire?" Penny asks.

"I sure as hell don't." I reply.

Nemona let's out a nervous chuckle, "Neither do I.."

We all sit there in silence, waiting for Arven's response.

"Well.." he responded as we all held our breath, "Don't worry, I know. Mabosstiff and I used to go camp all the time."

We all let out a sigh of relief in unison.

"Thank Arceus, I needed that extra credit." Nemona exhales.

"Yeah, whatever Miss Student Council." Arven replies.

Nemona smiles.

Time passes, and 7:00 arrives.  Arven directed us on what we needed to do for the campfire.

Nemona and Penny decided to help each other look for big enough sticks, and I stayed with Arven to try and begin a fire.

We got a couple of sparks, but nothing to begin an actual fire.

"ugh." Arven groaned out of frustration.

"Here, let me try." I say as grabbing the stones out of his grasp.

The first try I get a large enough spark to start a little fire.

"That's how you do it." I say triumphantly.

He looks at me an awe.

He starts fanning the fire, and it grows bigger and bigger.

I begin to stare at his features once more, but he doesn't notice.

A couple seconds go by, and he notices me looking at him. He opens his mouth slightly, as if he's about to say something but Nemona and Penny suddenly arrive.

"OOh, hope i'm not interrupting anything." Nemona says in a her sing-songy voice.

I roll my eyes and get up as I say, "Absolutely not."

I quickly glance at Arven to see what his reaction is, and he's got a complete poker face. I can't tell what he's thinking. I can't help but think, did they interrupt something?

"Here's the sticks." Penny strains as she plops them in front of me.

"What a small fry." Nemona commented.

Penny crosses her arms.

Arven was able to fan in into a good sized campfire where we could all sit and get some warmth.

.     .     .

We all sat around the fire telling each other scary pokémon stories and paranormal encounters for a hour or two.

"I'm heading to bed." I declare.

"Aw, are you sure." Nemona whined.

"Yes, goodnight guys." I say as heading into the tent.

I prepare my sleeping bag and pillow, hoping for a good rest tonight. Hopefully, I'll be able to actually sleep before Arven. I don't want to have to worry about moving too much. But, soon enough after I settle into the bag I hear the tent unzip and Arven step in.

He probably assumed i'm asleep since I could tell his footsteps were light, and he wasn't trying to make too much noise.

I could feel his gaze set on me for a couple of minutes and I shuddered at the thought of it. My whole body felt warm.

I heard him take off his jacket, and I could hear his breath get heavier and hotter.