tres

After what feels like hours of endless snoring and clacking and snoring and clacking, we arrive at the campground.

I shove Arven awake, and we all make our way out of the bus.

As soon as we get out and stretch our compressed bodies, we hear Professor Clavell announce the evening schedule.

"Everyone's bags are in two large piles. Tents should be up by 7, and at 7:30 we will have dinner."

We all take a quick glance around to look at each other, and we book it to the pile. I already knew people would be throwing bags to get to their own, so naturally I had to get there first.

When I arrived it seemed like I was too late. The raid had already begun.

Nemona was the first out of all of us to get her bag, so she stood with us and helped look.

Penny sat back and watched as Nemona found her bag.

"Yeah, that physical work stuff... just not for me." Penny scoffed.

I roll my eyes and continued to search.

"Penny and I are gonna go try to set up all of our tents, when we're done we'll meet up with you guys if you haven't found your bags yet." Nemona announces.

It was getting closer to seven, so it was a good game plan.

"Okay, we'll catch up with you guys soon." Arven responds, still scouting out his bag.

. . .

Following what seems like an eternity, Arven and I are the last two to find our bags. Just my luck.

At 6:50 we finish, so we have to sprint to look around for Nemona and Penny.

At 6:55 we're able to find them, with only three tents up? I wonder what was up with that.

"I see you guys were able to FINALLY find your bags." Nemona jokingly remarks.

"I see you were able to put up most of the tents by yourself." I shot back, watching Penny sitting on a log typing away on her computer.

Nemona looked defeat.

"Yeah, I LOVE getting HELP around here." Nemona says, obviously saying it loud enough for Penny to hear.

"I told you, i'm not a physical type of person." Penny replies without looking up.

Nemona rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, where is the fourth tent at?" I ask.

"I suppose we only grabbed three, it shouldn't be a problem though I was going to ask the Professor for another one since we didn't get enough." Nemona replies.

"Sounds good, dinner is pretty soon so that will be a good time to ask."

Nemona and Penny had their tents already picked out, so the other tent was either mine or-

"I call it."

That little shit.

"What, no! Ladies first!"

"He looks enough like a lady," Nemona chimes in.

It doesn't help my case, but she's not wrong.

"Whatever, take it. I'll probably get a better looking one anyways." I mocked.

. . .

Dinner time was coming pretty fast. It's already 7:20, so we were all headed to the cantine area.

"MMM, HOT DOGS AND HAMBURGERS."

You could practically see the heart eyes popping out of Nemona's skull.

"Mmm yummy hot doggies." Penny cheered.

I do love food in general, so I could fuck some hamburgers and hotdogs up.

After we all stuffed ourselves with food, it was about time to head to our tents for the night.

I glance over and see Professor Clavell and remember that I need an extra tent.

"Hello Professor, we are one short of a tent. I was wondering if you could grab us one and bring it by later?" I ask.

"Of course! Sorry for the inconvenience, (y/n), I'll get that fixed right for ya." He says giving me a thumbs up.

Good, everything is good.

We all head back to where our tents are set up and wait for Professor Clavell to bring my tent.

"Everything is situated?" Penny asks with concern.

"Oh yeah, I let the Professor know, he's bringing it soon." I reply with a smile.

Shortly after the Professor comes by empty-handed.

"I'm sorry to inform you, (y/n), but we're all out of tents. You're just going to have to stay in one of your friend's tents. I am sorry, again" The Professor shows genuine pity, but it should be fine.

"Oh that's alright, Professor, i'm sure i'll be fine." I reassuringly smile.

"Ah, good," He smiles back "I must go check on the other students now, i'll see you all tomorrow!" He responds as returning wherever he had came from.

"So which one of you are willing to let me stay in their tent?" I question with some concern.

"Not me, I have my computer setup all hooked up in my tent. There's simply just no room, sorry (y/n)." Penny replies.

"Well it can't be me either, I brought all my pokémon with me and they're sleeping in the tent." Nemona said sorrowful.

"That's all right, I've got plenty of room." Arven offered.

"Absolutely not." I remarked.

My face grew hot at the thought of having to share a tent with Arven.

"Don't be so shy, we're just going to be sleeping in there, aren't we." He grinned innocently.

"Awww how cute, sleeping buddies!!" Nemona naively gushes.

Penny just gave him a glance, then me a glance, then Nemona a glance, and walked into her tent.

"Come onnn, (y/n), you can't just stay out here in the cold." Arven claimed.

I mean what other choice do I have?