uno

Nothing much changed in Paldea after saving the region from Area Zero. The Treasure Hunt ended shortly after, and I was stuck going back to class. Thankfully, Christmas break is soon and Professor Clavell planned a camping trip for all the students to attend.

"HEY, y/n, are you going on the camping trip?" Nemona mentioned to me. "I think it would be a great time to battle new pokémon!"

"I don't know, i've never been camping before," i reply "And it's gonna be freezing, it's December."

"Ohh come onnnnn, Penny and Arven are going," she remarked "You just HAVE to go, i'm sure one of us could convince you."

"Hmmm... i'll think about it during class."

"I'm serious, y/n, you're going!"

I quickly turn into my class as Nemona heads to hers. Culinary Arts, my last class of the day. Chef Asiago teaches it, and for our last assignment before we leave for the break is to make an original sandwich with our partners. Arven and I share the class and thankfully, he's my partner so it should be no problem creating a appetizing sandwich.

"Welcome, Class. Ingredients are at the front, you may start."

Arven hasn't arrived yet, so I went ahead and grabbed some ingredients from the front.
"when will he ever make it to class on time." I rolled my eyes in frustration since he was my cooking partner.

I hear the door creak open, and surprisingly enough, it was Arven.

"Hey little bud, hope you didn't miss me to much." he grinned.

"How did you know," i scoffed "You have any ideas for the sandwich?"

"Of course, nevermind that, are you going on the trip??"

"Not you too," I responded "Nemona has been begging me to go, but i'm not sure."

"Come on, y/n, don't be a bum." Arven whined

"..."
"I'll supply you with whatever you want me to make you for the month."

"deal."

Class finally ends and i'm on my way to my dorm.

Ro-to-to-to-to...
1 message from Nemona.

- HAVE YOU DECIDED YET? ARVEN TELLS ME YOU HAVE.

- ughhh. i guess i've decided to go..

- Good.

I'm surprised Penny is even going, knowing she'd also rather be inside.

I head over to the cafe that opened down the little shopping center in Mesagoza.

As i'm ordering, I glance over to my right and see Arven eating his usual sandwich at a table. He notices me too, and waved me over to him. I finish ordering and I sit across from him.

"Fancy seeing you here, y/n," he smiled. "Are meeting up with anyone?"

"No, i'm just trying the new place out, seeing if it's any good."

"Ah, well you can sit with me, i'll get your order real quick."

" Thank you." I smile