"I didn't think this would happen! If I knew you could inseminate me that way, then I'd never have done that with you. Don't you understand that I'm terrified to be a mom and your little woe to me pity party isn't helping at all?!"

"If you're so scared, then don't keep it." Nyx urged.

"Fuck you!"

"Quit cursing me off and listen. If you don't think you're going to be a good mother, get rid of it. Don't keep the kid."

"You should be encouraging me and reducing my fears. You should be saying that I will be amazing, not intensifying my fears. You're a terrible partner, Nyx." I began crying.

"Please don't cry." Nyx softly begged. "I'm not trying to make you cry."

"Well, you are!" I shouted.

"Ken-"

"Guys." We turned to find Hailey slowly opening the door.

"I know everyone can hear us." I groaned.

"That's not it." Hailey awkwardly smiled. "Your doctor appointment."

"Right." I breathed out. "Want to come, Nyx?" I sassily asked.

"Nah, I don't want to be involved with the fetus." She shuddered.

"It's a baby." I scoffed and brushed past her. "How about you stay out of our baby's life and mine?!"

"Ken, you're angry-"

"Nah, I'm thinking rationally for the first time." I exited the room.

Hailey walked up to me and gave me a pitiful smile. Haze wandered near me, but I held my hand up. She backed away since I wasn't in the mood to deal with her. Hailey subtly used her abilities to lessen my anger. I shot her a glare, but she said the induced stress wasn't healthy for the baby. She did have a point, so I allowed her to continue.

Hailey walked me to the clinic, but I asked her to let me enter by myself. Hailey was hesitant, but I needed time to myself. She nodded and said to call her after the appointment. I relented and entered by myself. The receptionist smiled and checked me in.

I patiently sat and patted my hands against my knees. There weren't many people in here. I did notice a couple eying me, so I sent back a small smile. They smiled back, but it was like they were observing me. I detected their auras and they were human, so they're probably fine.

My name was called, so I followed the nurse into the exam room. I did regret not bringing Hailey with me since I wanted to squeeze her hand while they took blood. But, I womaned up and did the blood tests. The wait wasn't long for the doctor. She did a regular check up and stated that everything was progressing perfectly. I thanked her and she said she'd send a nurse to finish me up. I gave her a smile and waited for the nurse.

I patiently waited for the nurse, but it felt like she took forever. I started to text Hailey when the door opened. I continued typing until I suddenly felt exhausted. My eyes looked up to find that couple from earlier smirking at me. I raised a brow and noticed them clutching an amulet around their necks.

The girl then began reading something from a book. I felt my energy dissipate as the guy approached me. I struggled to stand and run away, allowing him to bind me.

"What are you?!" I sneered. "You're human."

"Yes, but the book is spelled to weaken you by just reading it." The girl smirked.

"What do you want?"

"We're followers of Woda." My eyes widened at the guy's answer. "And you and your unborn child will be our sacrifice."

"What?!" He then knocked me out.

X

I woke up to something piercing my skin. I gritted my teeth and whined as the object was removed from my neck. I opened my eyes to find someone with an empty syringe in their hand. I whimpered because I felt nauseous and lucid. I couldn't even raise my arm from how disoriented I was. One of the men squatted next to me and touched my hair. I whined and attempted to swat his hand away, but he caught my wrist.

"They weren't lying about angels being beyond beautiful." He pressed his lips to my forehead, making me shake and whimper. "You're gorgeous."

"Why?" I croaked out.

"We're promised anything we want after this sacrifice."

"What are you sacrificing me for?" I teared up.

"Not really you. You're just a vessel." He took a blade and lightly scraped it from my sternum to my belly. "You're harboring our sacrifice." My heart began to hammer at what he was implying.

"No!" I shook my head. "Don't touch my baby!"

"We'll be harvesting you on the blood moon." He menacingly grinned.

Oh, dear god. He signaled for someone to chain me before walking off. How'd I find myself in this situation? I should've had Hailey accompany me. But, would she have been hurt? Now that I think about it, Haze should've came. She'd slice them up with her sai. But me being a dumbass came without any protection. Jeez, Ken! How stupid can you be?!

"When's the blood moon?" I croaked out.

"You don't want to know." A girl grinned at me.

"You're committing murder for a wish?"

"What's one life for many?" She smirked and left me.

X

I'm not sure how long I've been here. I'd say a 3 days based on the rotation of the guards. They had a doctor monitor me and the baby's health. Apparently, the sacrifice won't work if one of us is ill or some shit. The worst part is that today is the blood moon. I figured that out based on the excited chatter about the wishes they'd be requesting.

I tuned them out and prayed that someone would notice my disappearance. I really need a savior since I can't save myself. Those stupid injections they give me weaken my state. They've also lined the building with barriers to mask my auras and make it virtually impossible to find me. Why'd I have to be their slaughtered lamb?! This couldn't get any worse.

The door was opened and that's when I realized it could get much worse. The followers lowered their head as a woman, wearing a shaw entered. She lowered the shaw to reveal her beautiful appearance. I made an educated guess this was Woda based on the followers flocking to her. Woda held a hand to dismiss them. She wandered to me and squatted down.

Woda attempted to touch my face, so I bit at the air. She snapped her hand back and lowly chuckled.

"The ritual is tonight." Woda hissed at me.

"Screw you."

"Wash her. We shall prepare." She darkly smiled.

A follower unwrapped my chain from the post. I was then dragged up and forced to walk after them. I was led to a small room with a bathtub. I yelled when they stripped me. I cowered in an attempt to cover myself. Only women were here since I was completely nude. I was then dragged to the tub and thrust inside.

They then washed me according to the correct preparation method. It was annoying to be scrubbed to death. One held my arm up as the other washed my armpit. I bursted out in giggled because I'm freaking ticklish! After they washed me, I was clothed in white linen. I'm not a virgin, so...

They took me to an area where a few people were present. I was forced to my knees as a man, holding a bowl, neared me. He raised the bowl over my head and poured it. I screeched since he poured blood over me. Two people held my head back as he traced some sort of symbol on my forehead.

I was then led to an area surrounded my candles. The devil symbol was traced on the ground in chalk. They placed me at the center and looked to Woda. Woda was dressed in all black and had a sinister look in her eye. She snapped, causing rope to slither to me and fasten themselves around my limbs.

Woda slowly walked to me. She gripped my chin and forced me to look upwards. I gritted my teeth and glared, humoring her. She lowered her face near mine and softly spoke.

"Hands, feet, then head." She smirked and released me.

Well, fuck. I'm dead.