Russian Roulette - Y/N

NOV 6TH, 2038
05:13 PM

Y/N stood in Jericho, folding up the last of their grandmother's old woven blankets. The deviants were conversing, many of the androids slumped up against walls and dying. The detective hated that they couldn't do anything about it. Of course, Y/N had a huge background in fixing and repairing androids, but Jericho had insufficient parts, and after they quit CyberLife to help their brother, they weren't exactly welcome in the storage buildings.

A large crash from the other side of the ship rocked Y/N out of their thoughts, causing them to join the other deviants in the center of the boat. "Hey, what's going on?" They asked, standing beside North, Josh and Simon.

"No clue." North replied. "Something's here."

"What if it's a human?" Josh asked worriedly.

Y/N grasped onto their gun, keeping it in their pocket, but gripping onto it just in case. "Then we find out how the hell they found Jericho." They replied.

Suddenly, an android dropped in front of them, Y/N recognizing him as being Carl Manfred's android. Or at least, he was. Markus was a gift from Elijah to the famed painter, and Y/N had seen him help Carl around art conventions. "Who are you?" The android asked, fear plastered across his deviated face.

"Fugitives. Just like you." Josh replied. "My name is Josh."

"I'm Simon."

"North."

"Y/N." The human spoke, helping Markus up with a grateful smile.

"How many are you?" Markus asked.

Detective L/N clicked on their flashlight, the only lighting in the boat being the candles and gas lamps used to help the nearly-dying deviants see. Most of their eye components weren't working already, they had to make it easier. "There's nineteen that are working." Y/N answered.

"The rest were damaged escaping their masters." North spoke sadly.

"Many tried to reach Jericho, very few succeeded." Josh stated. "Humans have such little pity for our kind."

Markus looked over to Y/N, knowing that their voice wasn't as robotic as the others. "And you are a human?" He asked, pointing towards the detective.

They nodded, releasing the grip on their pocketed gun. "I come with only good intentions. I'm Elijah Kamski's sibling. We created the ability for androids to deviate." Y/N explained. "I want to help you all."

"You knew that only an android could follow the trail, didn't you?" Markus asked. He was a curious deviant.

"Only those who are like us can find Jericho." Josh replied. "Only the ones who know how we think." He spoke in slight cryptics.

Simon stepped forward. "If you could decipher the signs, it's because one of us trusted you enough to give you the key." He revealed.

The new deviant paused for a moment, seemingly recalling the moment the android had told him to find the ship. "So... this is Jericho?" He asked.

"Yeah, a lot of people expect a person, huh?" Y/N laughed, trying to make a bit of light of the situation. Honestly, they were quite bored of Josh's cryptic and poetic speeches, but they still found a bit of comfort in them once in a while. It was much better than North's arsonistic protests.

"It's a refuge for those who don't want to be slaves anymore." Josh explained. "I understand how you feel, but we have more freedom here than you ever did." He spoke, sensing that Markus had a distorted view of what Jericho really was.

"Maybe I was never really free." Markus admitted to himself, looking to the ground then back up to the others somberly. "Maybe I was only what my master wanted me to be, and now I need to decide who I really am."