The Hostage - Connor

hoax was originally up with over 10k reads, then wattpad took it down. after nearly half a year of it being gone, here's the re-upload <3

AUG 15TH, 2038
08:29 PM

Connor walked into the apartment, seeing ruins of the place from the android attack. The government knew nothing about these rogue androids, so they believed it would be best for CyberLife to send in their newest prototype to try and figure out what was causing the androids to stop taking orders and become violent. He watched as the mother of the child being held hostage yelled at him, obviously not wanting an android dealing with her daughter's case, but he drowned her out, somehow hyper focusing on the fish slowly dying on the floor. After the officer pulled her out of the apartment building, Connor picked up the fish, putting it back into the damaged aquarium. He stepped further into the building, following his mission and talking to Captain Allen.

"Captain Allen?" Connor asked, gaining a slight bit of recognition from the policeman. "My name is Connor, I'm the android sent by CyberLife." Turning back to the computer and shaking his head, the captain replied.

"It's firing at everything that moves, it's already shot down two of my men..." Captain Allen paused, trying to comprehend everything in a short period of time. "We could easily get it, but they're on the edge of the balcony. If it falls, she falls." Looking at Connor once more before turning back to the screen, finishing his short recap. Connor thought for a moment, deciding the most tactical questions to ask.

"Do you know its name?" Connor asked, receiving a quick, almost autonomous response from the captain. "I haven't got a clue, does it matter?"

"I need information to determine the best approach." Connor replied, pausing again to think about his next question. "Do you know if it's been acting strangely before this?"

"Listen," Captain Allen spoke, clearly fed up as he stood face-to-face in front of the prototype android. "Saving that kid is all that matters. So, either you deal with this fucking android now, or I'll take care of it." Watching as Captain Allen walked away, Connor continued analyzing potential evidence. He found the child's tablet, swiping into it and seeing a video that caught his attention. It was taken with the violent android. Connor pressed play.

"This is Daniel, the coolest android in the world!" The girl exclaimed, pointing the camera to the android, Daniel. "Say hi, Daniel!"

"Hello." Connor swore he could see the android's LED flicker to yellow for a split second, so he made sure to remember that he might've been a close guardian to the girl. It wasn't unordinary for an android to become a parental figure, but not emotionally.

"You're my bestie! We'll always be together!" The video ended, letting Connor peel back his synthetic skin in an attempt to gather anymore information from the tablet, but came back with nothing.

It must've been a new electronic. He concluded, placing the tablet back down and letting his synthetic skin fold back over his forearm and fingers. Analyzing the father's dead body, he retraced his steps, but not before noticing the tablet on the ground. Connor picked it up, looking at the advertisement for a new model, the AP700, meant for household chores, cooking, caring for children, etcetera. Connor placed the tablet back down and approached another dead body, this time, it belonged to a SWAT member. Connor picked up the gun, immediately knowing that he could need it during the negotiation, placing it in his hand firmly and standing back up from his kneeling position.

After thoroughly finishing his scan and analysis of the apartment, he began to step out onto the balcony, not feeling the harsh wind against his synthetic skin, he was an android after all. He barely noticed the shot SWAT member on the ground, making note of it so he could potentially not just save two people that night.