The Nest - Connor

NOV 6TH, 2038
10:25 AM

Y/N, Connor, and Hank arrived in the Ravendale district after a while of driving, a few police officers and investigators already placed at the suspected location. Hank was already discussing the reports and suspect with another officer, while Connor stood patiently outside of the car. Y/N had entered the twenty-four-hour convenience store across the sidewalk, but Connor could not decipher what they were doing. The RK800 tried to eavesdrop on Hank's conversation, but he couldn't figure that out either. So, instead, he began placing together a few clues he had gathered from the report and the case in his head.

Hank walked back over, Y/N exiting the store with a few bags of chips, an instant ramen noodle packet (of which had been cooked), a pack of cigarettes (Connor assumed they were for Hank), and a few water bottles. "Here." They stated, passing the cigarette packet to Hank and placing the rest of the contents back in the passenger seat of the car. Connor looked at them curiously as they ate the noodles. "Don't judge me. I didn't eat breakfast this morning."

The RK800 nodded politely, not wanting to be rude. He thought it would be best to start discussing the report. "It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line." He stated. "It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."

Hank scoffed, shaking his head. "Androids don't feel fear."

"Deviants do." Connor corrected. "They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions."

"Even though you're right, that still doesn't tell us where she went." Y/N replied, blowing hot air into the palms of their hands to try and warm themselves up.

"It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go." Connor spoke, the gears in his biocomponents turning. "Maybe it didn't go far."

Connor looked to Y/N, watching as they glanced around the block. He quickly scanned the surroundings. The only places a deviant could go would be either the motel, an abandoned house, or if they could find an empty car in one of the parking lots. It would be challenging as a deviant to cover their tracks, so Connor knew that he could find them easily if they had stuck around.

"Well, where should we start?" Y/N asked.

"The abandoned home." Connor answered. "The deviant most likely would not have been able to get enough money and a change of clothes to stay at the motel, and it would be discovered too quickly to stay in the parking lot." He stated.

"Well then, what're we waiting for?" Hank rolled his eyes, stomping across the road. Y/N followed shortly behind him, letting the steam from the ramen warm up their face. Connor trailed behind, noticing something on the metal fencing. He immediately turned courses, not following his partners.

"There's blue blood on the fence." He factually spoke, standing up and facing Hank and Y/N, who were standing a ways away. "I know another android was here."

"Was it the AX400?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know. There wasn't enough thirium to sample." Connor replied. Y/N nodded, walking over to the boarded-up windows of the wooden house and peeking through. After they had stepped back, the android detective did the same. A figure stood in the home.

ANDROID INSIDE THE HOUSE

He logged the information into his database and continued searching around the broken porch for any more evidence. Not finding anything of use, he met back up with Hank and opened the door to the home, Y/N following behind him. He immediately spotted a broken WR600 model, his face ripped and broken with blue blood dripping from it. The android was wrapped in some form of shawl, which was strange, because if he didn't need it for warmth, what would he need it for? Connor quickly scanned the android.