The Nest - Y/N

NOV 6TH, 2038
10:25 AM

The Ravendale district was quite a bit less snowy than the one they were in before, but Y/N found it much more pleasant. That was, until the rain started pouring down. Luckily, they had a few rolls of cash in their pocket, meaning they could duck into the twenty-four-hour convenience store and buy a bowl of warm food.

"I'll be back in a few." Y/N spoke, leaving Connor and Hank alone. They could only hope that the two wouldn't tear each other apart while they were gone. The detective quickly ducked into the store, relieving their head from the rain as they browsed the store. Y/N ended up grabbing a microwavable ramen packet, a pack of cigarettes for Hank, two water bottles and some bags of chips. They quickly paid for it and walked over to the small area in the front of the store where they had a station for preparing ramen, putting water in the cup that they bought and microwaving it.

Sooner or later, it was done, and Y/N made their way back outside, handing Hank his pack of cigarettes and placing the chips and the water bottles back in his car. They watched as Connor glanced at them with a slight tilt to his head as they ate the ramen. "Don't judge me, I didn't eat breakfast this morning." Y/N spoke, even though they knew that Connor wasn't really judging them, it wasn't something that regular non-deviants could do.

"It took the first bus that came along and stayed at the end of the line." The RK800 prototype started, beginning to talk about the report of the deviant. "It's decision wasn't planned, it was driven by fear."

"Androids don't feel fear." Hank remarked, shaking his head. Y/N quickly finished their ramen as the other two talked, throwing their empty noodle packet in a recycling bin.

"Deviants do. They get overwhelmed by their emotions and make irrational decisions." Connor spoke factually, his brown synthetic hair not moving, even due to the rainfall dripping down his forehead and down his cheeks.

Y/N returned to the conversation, their face turning serious. "Even though you're right, that still doesn't tell us where she went."

"It didn't have a plan, and it had nowhere to go." Connor stated. "Maybe it didn't go far." He looked to Y/N and glanced around them, presumably scanning to where the deviant could've gone. Hank glanced towards the other human, rolling his eyes as Connor turned back towards them.

"Well, where should we start?" Y/N asked.

"The abandoned home." The RK800 replied. "The deviant most likely would not have been able to get enough money and a change of clothes to stay at the motel, and it would be discovered too quickly to stay in the parking lot." He explained. Y/N wiped their cheek, trying to dry their face off from the rain, but it didn't help.

Hank rolled his eyes and began walking across the road. "Well then, what're we waiting for?" He asked, Y/N following behind him and Connor taking the end. As Connor walked over to the fence, the other detective looking over the siding of the wall.

"There's blue blood on the fence." Connor stated, making Y/N look up from their position of peeking through the window. "I know another android was here."

"Was it the AX400?" The human detective asked curiously.

"I don't know." Connor responded. "There wasn't enough thirium to sample." He explained. Y/N nodded, returning back to the boarded-up window. There was an android standing a ways away, his LED blaring red. The RK800 approached, also looking in the window. The two glanced at each other before walking in, Y/N following shortly behind Connor.

They stopped in front of the deviated android. "Are there any other androids here?" Y/N asked calmly. They really didn't have an issue with the unstable android. They knew that if they just remained calm, the deviant would too.