46| If I say no? You won't

Start bij het begin

"Yeah, I know." Maybe next time." I say this before looking back up at Octavia.

"You should go; it doesn't look like it's going to be busy today." I tell her. I watch a sad smile form on her lips, but she just gives me a slight nod before leaving.

After Wes and Octavia left, I worked on my car for about an hour before my phone went off.

I wipped my hands with a towel before picking up my phone and putting it up to my ear. "Hello?" I ask as I use my shoulder to hold my phone to my ear as I wash my hands.

"Miss Fane." My body is still causing me to almost drop my phone in the sink at the familiar voice.

"Aug—Mr Reid." I stumble over my words slightly. Grabbing my phone with my slightly wet hand and holding it to my ear so I don't almost drop my phone again.

"I would like to move up the meeting." His deep voice speaks dryly. My eyes shot around the room for a pen so I could write down the information.

"Okay when?" I asked once I had a pen in my hand.

Forgetting that I needed a paper, I decided just to use my arm. "Right now." I began writing down what he said but stopped at the letter 'h' once I realized what he said.

"Like, right now?" I glare down at my arm where the pen mark is. "Yes London." He grumbles through the phone.

My stomach twisted at the way he said my name. It was like my name was poison on his tongue.

"You have 10 minutes to get here." is all he says before hanging up. Does he not realize that I'm a 20-minute drive away? He is lucky I knew how to speed without crashing.

***

The lady that sits at the front desk looks me up and down, making me grow annoyed. "Are you just going to keep looking at me, or are you going to let me up?" I snapped at her.

Her eyes widened. "Uhh.. let me make one call." She says it with disgust.

She sure wasn't talking to August like that when she brought him coffee the other day.

My jaw clenched tightly. looking down at my work outfit as I hear her mutter a few words before letting me up.

Setting down the phone with a scuff and looking back up at me, looking at me like I was a deadly disease or something.

She glares at me as she says this. "You can go." She rolled her eyes and turned her eyes back to the bright computer screen.

God, this is why I hate people.

Turning and walking to the elevator, trying to remember where his office was. Stepping into the elevator and pressing the top floor.

They need to change the music in most elevators. That or just have no music at all because this crap is annoying me.

Thankfully, the elevator door finally opened, and I was once again met with the bright light that shines through the huge windows.

I remember the direction from the last time I was here, or more like hoping my memory is right.

I knocked on what I hoped would be August's office before pushing the door open.

My eyes went straight to August's light brown hair; it almost looked a bit blonde when the light hit it a certain way.

"You're late." Is all he says before gazing up at me?

"Well, if you hired a better assistant, maybe I wouldn't be late." I watched the corner of his mouth twitch just a bit before it went into a line.

"So you're going to tell me how I should and shouldn't hire?" He asks, lifting his gaze to mine.

I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to snap at him. I am already having a bad day, and I don't need to get any worse.

"Let's just talk about why I'm here." I grumble under my breath. I slipped into the chair in front of his desk, waiting for him to speak.

I was surprised when he started speaking because he wasn't talking about the partnership.

"You're going to be my racer." My eyes widened with shock. What does he mean by my racer?

When I was about to ask what he meant, he was already talking. "I surely hope you still race because I bet a lot of money on you, Miss Fane." He looked down at me through his glasses.

"And why in hell would you do that?" How much did he bet on me? I haven't raced in a while.

I mean, I did a bit here and there when I needed a little extra money. "Because I can." Is all he says.

"If I say no," He looks over at me with this look, like he already knew I was going to do it.

"You won't." August said with a knowing smirk.

Hey guy I'm back!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Hey guy I'm back!

Sorry it took me so long to post. Some shit been going on in my life that's made it very discouraging to write.

This chapter may not be the busy but it's ok.

But hopefully it get better cause I've missed everyone.

Late Merry Christmas! How was everyone Christmas?