Vincent - Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Start from the beginning

"The café right here," she mumbled, pointing to the large café sign up ahead. It was a small, cozy, warm-colored space. Perfect for a small meet up, I suppose.

"You don't have to talk unless spoken to." Genesis unfastened my seatbelt, turning to look at me in her seat. "Please don't take your attitude out on her either. She'll never leave if you give off an impression like that."

"Genesis," I said, "relax. I've got this." I exited the car before she could retort. But I could feel her following behind me. Upon entering the café, the smell of coffee caused me to gag. I nearly bumped into the glass door in an attempt to cover my nose. The stench was strong, and fucking disgusting might I add. I couldn't stand the taste or smell of coffee.

"I hate the smell of coffee," I grumbled, answering Genesis' curiosity.

"There she is," Genesis tapped the side of my arm and pulled on my sleeves.

"Alright, let's get this over with." I rotated my neck and cracked my knuckles. Genesis' mother's eyes roamed the tight, quiet space. When she finally caught sight of us, her lips curled into a smile. But the smile faded as soon as her eyes met mine. Dammit, she was scoping me out. Or maybe she was checking me out. Honestly, I couldn't tell.

Her eyes drifted down my trench coat, then my turtle-neck, then my jeans, and my combat boots. All of which were green and black.

She snapped out of her daze and flung her hands in the air. "Genesis!"

"Hey, mom," Genesis approached the table.

"You guys are just on time! I already ordered what you told me to over the phone," she said.

Time to suck it up and get this over with.

I sat down and rushed a hand through my hair.

"Is this. . ." she trailed off.

"Vincent? Yes," said Genesis.

Her mother nodded slowly. "Right. So, how do you two know each other?" She lifted her mug to her lips. I could practically taste the coffee from here. And so, I prayed to the Moon Goddess that she couldn't tell my nose was scrunched in disgust.

"Well, I. . . He's my boyfriend!" Genesis blurted.

Her mother choked. Hell, so did I.

"Y-your what? Boyfriend?" her mother uttered.

"Yeah. . ." Genesis nodded.

I tensed at the small, warm fingers threading through mine. I shot her a look and attempted to remove my hand. She squeezed. I didn't need a mirror to know my face was going red. Hell, the tips of my ears were probably red too. After all, I could feel my skin boiling with heat. I roamed her thumb massaging my skin. The urge to say something was there but nothing came out. Rather, a short sigh left my mouth. Shit. I liked it and there was no fighting it.

"Thanks. . . Just play the part, remember?" Genesis whispered. I blew out another puff of air, lifting the cup of water on the table to my lips.

Genesis' mother interrupted our moment. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Um, we've been dating for . . . almost eight months now. . ." Genesis responded.

Her mother stared at her. I wasn't sure if she was taking the bait or not. Maybe us holding hands wasn't convincing enough. I lifted our intertwined hands and folded my other hand over them.

"We've decided we're going to move in together. . . I asked your daughter if she would be okay with it because I . . . really, really like having her in my space." Just saying that pained me.