SOFT

Y/N: We got the file, could've told your men to be a little more careful with their own kind on base.

GH: If I did, 141 would get suspicious. When you're on their team, our men aren't your allies anymore.

Y/N: Thank you for the heads up, General.

GH: Don't get smart with me. Any new information from the 141?

Y/N: Not yet, I'm sure we'll have a meeting tomorrow once the captain looks through the file... I found out Ghost's real name. Simon. He said he had a run-in with the AIU, do you know anything about it?

GH: Not that I recall. Now, get some rest and I'll be in touch.

The blue light emitting from the screen lit your face as you laid in your barracks, Soap's snoring on the other side of the room hindering your concentration. You read over the last response from General Hodges, clicking your phone off and leaving you to bask in the darkness of the night. Turning over on your side, you pulled the blanket up to your shoulders and sighed. The images and feelings of Ghost waltzing you in a dance overtook your mind, and you felt your face flush. You held a bittersweet emotion in your chest, feeling your heart swell and collapse. You had to remind yourself of your purpose on this mission, and the fact that Ghost was just doing you a favor. There was no way a man of his stature and background could be capable of love, and deep down you knew that. You closed your eyes, letting the sweet release of sleep overtake you.

"Meeting in the office, let's go everybody!" You were stirred awake by the booming voice of Captain Price, and the loud knocks against your door that followed. You sat up in your bed, hoisting yourself up with your hands against the mattress. Soap was still snoring on his side of the room, and you furrowed your brows and tilted your head in his direction. One of his arms poked out of the covers, lying lifelessly off the mattress. He laid on his stomach, his face buried into the pillow. You wondered how his snores were so loud even while muffled. You grabbed a pillow from behind you, hoisting it above your head and throwing it to his side of the room. The pillow made contact with his face, and he flinched awake. His eyes darted around the room, disoriented and startled. "Hey- wh-" He started, throwing the covers off of himself in a panic.

Once he was finally sure of what happened, he looked over to you with a slight smirk appearing across his face. "What the hell, Y/N?" He laughed, rubbing his eyes and smoothing out his mohawk. You laughed, rising from bed and stretching. Mactavish followed your move, standing up and stretching his back and obnoxiously yawning. He was shirtless, only sporting a knee-length pair of gym shorts which sat lowly on his waist. His V-line was defined past his hips, a light happy trail from his belly button down past his shorts visible. "Got a meeting pronto, I suggest you don't sleep through it." You warned playfully, dragging yourself to the dresser and picking out a uniform for the day. Soap walked past you, stopping himself at the bathroom counter and observing the mirror. "I'm surprised you got up so easily, you've been out with Ghost so late I was beginning to think he took you back to his room." He teased, grabbing some gel from the counter and running it through his hair to tame some of his fly-aways.

Your face heated up at his statement, and you scoffed while laying out your uniform and beginning to strip from your pajamas. "What's that supposed to mean, Mactavish?" You asked, hiding the embarrassment in your tone. You quickly got dressed, tossing your discarded clothes on the dresser. "I'm joking, what do you even do at night? Sit in silence for a few hours and go to bed?" He asked, tossing a black crewneck over his torso and slapping his watch over his wrist. "Just a few games of cards, bourbon, chatting... dancing..." You trailed off, going over to your bed and fixing the sheets back. Soap stuck his head out of the bathroom door, a sly expression on his face. "How'd you manage to get Ghost to dance with you? I thought machines weren't coded for that." He jested, and you giggled in response. "Said he was doing me a favor. Don't mention it to him, he'll get embarrassed." You replied, following Soap to the door.