TRUST

Price led you down the barracks hall, stopping in front of a wooden door similar to those in front of the auditorium. There was a silver plaque on the side of the door displaying the name "SGT. Mactavish". "This is your barracks, you're sharing with another highly admirable member of Task Force 141: Johnny Mactavish, or 'Soap' for short." Captain Price explained. Your face contorted at his statement, and you mentally cursed. It was going to be increasingly more difficult to talk with the general if you're sharing a room with your teammate. "That's alright, isn't it?" Price asked, and you whipped your head to him and enthusiastically nodded. "Of course, no problem at all." You lied through your teeth, and Price clasped his hands together. "Brilliant, that key I gave you is the key to these barracks. Don't lose 'em, got it?" He winked, patting you on the back.

You nodded, fishing the keys from your pocket. "Got it, got it." You responded, letting out a nervous chuckle. "Put on some more comfortable clothes and meet us in the common area. I've got some people you're going to want to meet." You unlocked the door and swung it open, revealing one side of the room that was decorated in football posters, albums, and littered with beer cans. "Will do, Captain." With that, Captain Price strolled down the hall and into the common area. You stepped foot into the room cautiously, taking in the scent of alcohol and strong body spray. Mactavish's side wasn't necessarily dirty, but it wasn't tidy either. You guessed that when you had a country to save the state of your room wasn't your number one priority.

You tossed your bag on your bed and unzipped it, rummaging for appropriate civilian clothes. You decided on an outfit but caught a whiff of your own sweat and decided a shower was long overdue. You walked into the shared bathroom, seeing that despite the decorations on Soap's wall, the man lived frugally in the hygiene department. His toothbrush laid directly on the counter, along with a stick of deodorant and the body spray that lingered in the room. You turned your attention over to the shower caddy and sighed in defeat. One single bottle of three-in-one sat sadly by itself. You turned the water on, letting it fog the mirror with steam. You weren't looking forward to meeting Soap.

Shutting the door to your barracks you made your way down the hall to where you saw Price walk. Entrance was slightly ajar, and you could hear a Scottish accent mixed with Price's. You opened the door enough so you could fit through, and the conversation halted. The common area had a single dining table set in the middle with a display of food lining the white tablecloth. A giant stained-glass window the same color of the rest extended from the tile to the ceiling, allowing the moonlight to seep through and cast a beautiful shadow in the area.

"There she is! Y/N, have a seat." Price welcomed you in but you could only look at the younger man sitting beside him. His eyes were a piercing blue, and he sported a faded mohawk. A light five o'clock shadow grew over his jaw and shaped his face. "You must be that great fighter I'm hearing about." The man greeted with a compliment, picking up his glass of champagne and bringing it to his lips. You walked to the table and took your seat beside him. "I wouldn't seat myself so highly, and you must be Johnny?" You guessed, and he set his glass back down and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Please, call me Soap. It's less informal that way." He corrected and presented his hand to you for a handshake. You took his offer and smiled. "Nice to meet you, Soap. It's nice having a roommate." You said, scooting your chair closer to the table. "Reminds you of college, doesn't it?" You shook your head. "I didn't go." "I didn't either, for academics at least." He chuckled playfully, then yelped as you could only assume Price stomped on his foot. "Aye, what was that for ya old bastard?" Soap whined, and Price cleared his throat and tossed his hands up in defense. "What was what for?" The captain asked innocently, leading Soap to scoff at his remark. "Why I ought to put you in a fuckin' retirement home one of these days." You covered your mouth to stifle your laughter, finding the duo's dynamic to be one-of-a-kind.