Croak and Punishment

Start from the beginning

"Hey buddy!" Anne and Sprig walked into the store, "nice little place you got here. Business good?"
"Um, actually we're having kind of a rough season."
"Good, good." Anne nodded. "We're here about a shell that got misplaced. Recognize any of these?" She pulled out a file with pictured of different shells.
"Huh. Couldn't say. I see a lot of shells."
Anne whispered, "psst. Hit him with the 'bad cop.'"
"Oh right!" He cleared his throat and then entered a tough guy voice. "Your hair looks incredible."
"Thanks, I use product."
Anne facepalmed herself,
"Sergeant, could I speak to you for a moment?" Anne dragged him away.
"Sprig, that wasn't bad cop, that was sad cop. You gotta get mad, man!"
"Yeeeeaahhhh im not generally a mad kid anne."

"You gotta dig deep dude. Think about what that thief took from you. Your shell. Your gift. Your future with Ivy. The frog of your dreams!" Anne yelled as Sprig started tensing up and fuming.
"Yes, yes, Sprig, let it flow!"

"Hey you little noodle!" Sprig yelled and hopped on top of the cashiers counter, "this blue shell, you seen it?"
"Yes! Yes! I remember now! Out there. Late morning!" He said pointing out the door.
"Great. Now, who buys this string??" He asked in a growling voice.
"Uh... no one except the baker, really." He said pointing to anne.

"The baker, huh? You have a nice day sir." Anne said while sprig hopped off the counter.
"Keep the change!" She six tossing him a frog-coin for the donut she grabbed.
"Actually your short." He said.
"Oh, sorry, sorry."

Their next stop was Flour & Daughters Bakery.
"Alright, same drill. Good cop, bad cop time."
"Got it!"

Anne stepped forward and said to the man who was rolling out some kind of dough,
"Well, howdy there, baker. Nice pile of bricks you got here. Listen I wanted to ask you-"
"Where's my shell?!?" Sprig jumped on his dough. Then slapping him.
"Woah dude, what are you doing??" Anne covered her mouth.
The baker grunted, "shell? What shell?"
"This string was found at the scene of the crime. And you are the only possible suspect! Talk!"
"I wrap my buguettes in that."
"So.. whoever bought a loaf is a suspect."
"Uh-huh." The baker nodded, hoping sprig would let go of his shirt. But instead, he was slapped again.
"I want names, you worm."

Anne cringed and looked away, she couldn't bear to watch this.
"Bakers oath. Customer list, confidential."
"Hmm..." sprig looked up and the fire that was burning behind him in the stove.

Sprig dropped the baker, and grabbed the apron off the wall that said 'my favorite apron.'
"Your favorite apron, right?" He asked, "sure would be a shame if something... happened to it." He said holding the apron above the fire. His eyes bulging.

"No, not my favorite apron!"
"Sprig!"
"Oh.." he groaned and looked away, "here..."
"There, now that wasn't so hard, was it?" Sprig took the list and dropped the apron, walking out of the Bakery.

"Uh, sorry about that.. he's new to this."
Anne said before running out.

Sprig stood on a rock with a heroic pose, munching a donut and drinking coffee.
"Soo..." anne approached him, "that was a little too much bad cop."
"Well, we got results, didn't we?" He said very cheerfully.
"Well, yeah, but..."
"Then let's stop wasting time and find who stole my shell already!" He yelled, then took a long sip of coffee.
"Actually there's nothing in here." He said tipping over the cup to show its nonexistent contents.

"Was it you stumpy?"

"Was it you croaker?"

"Was it you toadstool?"
"Sir please help me.."
"Just let it happen toadie."