CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13: A Special Day Without You

Cloud's Point of View

I took a deep breath while currently looking at the suitcase where all my things were. Everything is arranged. Prepared for my imminent departure.

Somehow, I feel less sad. I'm glad I told Leanne how I felt and didn't let my nerves get the better of me. Before I leave, I have a big smile and joy because of the result of my bravery.

After a while, my cellphone in my pocket rang. I took it and answered. "Good morning, Sir Cloud. We're on our way to the dorm to pick you up." said the person I spoke to on the line.

"Alright. I'll wait for you. Thank you." my answer. I still can't believe I'm leaving. My stay here in the Philippines also took about half a year.

At first, I thought my entire stay here would be difficult. I thought I would be alone but unexpectedly, some people came and became my friends and almost family.

Lumibot ako ng tingin sa buong kwarto. "Well, it's time to leave, I guess." I whispered. I stood up from sitting on the bed and picked up my luggage and go out of the room.

Even before I got out the door, I couldn't believe it when I saw Russell kneeling in front of it. His eyes filled with tears as he stared at me emotionally, and suddenly he hold my hands.

"Iiwan mo na ko na talaga ako?" Russell asked me crying while holding my hands as if begging me not to leave.

Why does it look like I'm leaving right now and not coming back anymore? Am I leaving and going to another planet and living there until I die?

"Hey, don't be so dramatic. Babalik ako. I told you this before." I respond to him as I force myself not to laugh. He's literally overreacting, and it's ridiculous.

"Kung babalik ka, kailan?" He asked me again while almost crying. I can't believe this is really happening. "I don't know when, but I promise, I'll be back." I answered him like I was comforting a 7-year-old child because his parents would leave.

Tumayo siya mula sa pagkakaluhod niya at pinunasan ang ilang pumapatak na luha mula sa mga mata niya. He literally looks like a child, and it made me laugh.

"Tatawa-tawa ka diyan, iiwan mo naman ako." he said in his childhood mode. This child wants an ice cream so he can stop crying, I guess.

"Bro, look at me." I said to him, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Bro, you have been a good friend to me. You are honest, reliable, true to me, and you make me happy in any situation."

"Since I came here to the Philippines, you have changed the way I deal, and because of you, I have learned a lot throughout my life. Russell, always remember that no matter where I go, no matter what I do, and no matter who I meet, you and you will always be my best friend. I promise you, I will be back."

Those words were not just random words that came out of my mouth but came from my heart. I am very grateful to him especially because he became a part of my life.

He showed me the importance of socializing and interacting with people. I became more mature from what he did to me. He's a true friend so now that I'm leaving, I'll take back everything he taught me, except for the silly things he did.

After a while, I turned my gaze to the door when we both heard a knock from it. They are here. "Come in." I said.

The door opened and dad's guard and assistant entered. "Good morning, Sir Cloud. The car is ready downstairs. There's a road construction on the main road at maaari po nitong maapektuhan ang byahe natin at mahuli sa flight. Kaya mas mabuti po na maaga tayong maalis para 'di mahuli." saad ng assistant.