CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12: Stars In The Sky Knows How Much I Like You

Cloud's Point of View

It's already midnight, but I can't go to sleep. I don't know why. I keep staring at the ceiling, wondering what will happen in the next few hours. I don't understand myself at the moment, and it's so uncomfortable.

I closed my eyes as I forced myself to go to sleep. I keep telling myself to stop bothering with some things that are not so important. Suddenly, my phone rang. Kinuha ko ang cellphone sa lamesang katabi ng kama. Someone is calling; it was Dad, so I answered it.

"Hello, dad." I said coldly as I kept on lying in bed while talking to him. "Cloud, be ready." he said. I breathe deeply. I know what he was talking about.

It's not that I don't want to go and be with them. It's just quite hard for me to leave at the moment because of the current situation.

Later on, I heard someone's voice on the call. She speaks in Japanese, and I know it's her. The one who raised me, who fed me, and who took care of me while I was growing.

"Okaerinasai, kuraudo. Mōichido anata ni aitai, furetai, ga ga ko yo." At muli kong narinig ang boses ni mama. Gusto na niya akong umuwi. Gusto na niya akong makita at mahawakan ulit. Hindi ko kaya, hindi ko kaya na marinig siyang nahihirapan.

Ramdam ko ang dahan dahang pagbagsak ng luha mula sa magkabila kong mga mata. Ang bahagyang pagsikip ng aking dibdib habang naririnig ko ang boses niyang nahihirapan.

She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. Kumalat na ang sakit sa other organs niya that resulted in some physical changes. But there is one thing that made me so emotional, may taning na ang buhay ni mama.

Napakahirap ng nararansan ni mama. Nasasaktan ako bilang anak na wala man lang akong magawa para pasanin ang paghihirap niya.

That's why dad wants me to fly to Japan as soon as possible for mom, so she can see me again. Tears are still coming from my eyes, which makes me very emotional.

"Watashi mo anata ga inakute sabishīdesu, okāsan." I answered her in Japanese. Gaya niya, namimiss ko na rin siya. I really can't wait to hold her hands. To see the only woman who loves me the most.

I used my hands to wipe my tears until dad talked on the phone. "I know it's hard for you, but your mom needs you. Nahihirapan na siya. The time is running so fast and we can't do anything to stop it. Cloud, for your mom, for our family." sabi niya sa tonong parang nagmamakaawa.

I know that I have no choice. Gustuhin ko man o hindi, kailangan kong pumunta ng Japan. I have to leave this place. Kailangan kong puntahan si mama, para alagaan siya.

Yes, it's hard for me to leave those people, but it is harder for me to not leave and to not see my mom. Tears continue to fall from my eyes as I think of the situation that I am in at the moment.

"I'll send one of my guards and assistants over there in the Philippines. Sila ang mag-aasikaso ng lahat ng bagay na kakailangan mo para makapunta ka na dito sa Japan." he said.

Nagpatuloy siya sa paghahabilin. "Finish all of your tasks there. Mag-impake ka na and tomorrow, aalis ka na papunta dito." Natigilan ako sa sinabi niya na araw kung kailan ako aalis.

I asked him again, making sure that I heard the right thing, and yes, I heard it right. On Thursday, it was Leanne's birthday. I closed my eyes as I realized, Na tatama ang pag-alis ko sa birthday niya.

"Why all of a sudden?" I whispered to myself. It means I only have exactly twenty-four hours to spend my time with them and with her. Na mabilis na tumatakbo ang oras at kailangan na magawa ko ang lahat.