48. The Rose Theory

Two months later…

It's been two months since I last saw Khun Sam. Our relationship status is clear now that we're done. Anyway, whenever someone asks me, I answer that I have someone I love.

I'm not ready to have someone else.

And I'm hoping that Khun Sam will come back to me.

The gang is worried about our relationship. They keep asking how I feel. And they continue to take care of us. But the time comes when they can't take it anymore.

Tee: Are you done? If so, I suggest you get another one. PP is so annoying it makes you want to hit her.

Doraemon: I'm fine, thank you.

Tee: You can't be like that, Mon. You closed yourself off. Is not fair.

Kate: You're overreacting, Tee.

Jim: Tee is right. Mon can't shut himself off like that.

Tee: You should get another one. There are some cute guys in our office, huh? Several of them like you.

Doraemon: You're kidding me.

I started working here with Tee two months ago. The position my boss Tee has given me here is important and it has demonstrated its power. She told everyone that I'm like her little sister. That's why nobody dares to flirt with me, especially the guys at the office. They actually think I'm her girlfriend. The women in the office don't like me and the men don't talk to me. So I don't even have friends here.

Kate: Has anyone tried to reach PP?

Tee: Yes. Her grandmother is sick. She is taking care of her.

Kate: When is that old woman going to die?

Jim: You are so mean.

Tee: Mon, get another one. I hate PP

Kate: Is it that easy to get another one? Who could replace PP? She is perfect.

Jim: I wanted PP to be my husband.

Tee: Jim, quiet down.

Tee: I know. I will introduce Mon to my brother. Even though he has no status, he is rich. Because I'm rich, my parents are rich and so is he.

First, I think they are kidding me. But the next day, Tee makes me have lunch with her. She brings her older brother to lunch with us and introduces us.

"This is my brother. His name is Ta.”

I don't know how to behave. Ta is a handsome guy, fair skinned like a Chinese boy in casual clothes. His smile enchants me.

"Good afternoon."

“Is she the girl you always talk about? You got the most beautiful secretary. Why don't you flirt with her yourself?"

“Man, you are crazy. I see her as a beautiful… little sister?” Tee asks the big brother and he smiles politely instead of answering.

"She is beautiful. Are you a matchmaker now, really?”

“Why are you attacking me?”

“That's what you want, right? I have a chance?"

He looks at me with a teasing smile. Tee also looks at me and gets up.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Take it easy."

I suddenly feel uncomfortable. Tee was supposed to be here with me, but she left me with a stranger, her brother. What should I talk to him about?

"You are so Beautiful. Have a boyfriend?"

Ta asks me without thinking. He's trying to make me more comfortable. So I smile at him.