3. In Sight

Sometimes Tiger hears my prayers. I'm holding Khun Sam and I place her on the sofa in the middle of her room. Acting like a good girl, I run out to buy migraine medicine. This is a good opportunity to get closer to her.

"Are you feeling better?"

I kneel beside her while Khun Sam is lying on the couch with her hand on her forehead, trying to hide her eyes from the light.

"I'll get better in a jiffy."

"Didn't know you had migraines."

“And why would I have to know?”

Because I'm your biggest fan. Of course I didn't answer that out loud. But when I start to answer, I'm interrupted by her.

“Why don't you go home?”

“Oh… Oh. I like to work late after everyone else has gone.”

“So, you came to see me here?” She takes her hand off her forehead, revealing her hazel eyes. “Aren't you afraid of me?”

“Why would I be afraid?”

“Haha, I don't know why they need to be afraid of us.”

She places her hand back on her forehead and continues to lie there in silence. As for me, I'm still on my knees next to the couch because I don't know what to say.

Is she falling asleep?

It's been ten minutes… finally, she stirs.

“Why don't you go home? How long will stay here? I can not sleep." She moves her arm and sighs. “Are you going to stay here all night?”

“If I leave, you will be without company.”

"And?"

“You will feel alone.”

She looks at me again with confused eyes.

"You are weird. If I feel alone, what about it?”

"Nothing. I'll stay here and be your friend."

“It's late now. You are a girl, you should hurry up and leave.” She looks at his luxurious watch. "It's eight o'clock?"

“Could you leave?”

"I will stay here".

She disagrees. "Where you live? I'll take you."     

I run to keep her seated. For a moment we're close, and she quickly pulls away.

“Hey, why are you so worried? It's just a migraine.”

“You better go home. I can accompany you.”

“No, I will stay here.”

“Then, me too.”

We're looking at each other like we're fighting. Then she sighs like I'm not listening.

“Do you know where I live?”

"You can tell me."

Even though I'm your biggest fan, I don't know your address because no magazine or article had this specific information. In any case, I'll take you home today. How could she sleep here without a blanket?

“Can you drive?”

“No, I can't.” Her countenance now looks confused. So I hasten to say. “But we can take a taxi. Please tell me where you live.”

And after insisting a lot, I finally managed to take her home by taxi. The house is huge, with 3 floors. It has a strange appearance as if it has no one.