41. Difference

While I'm sitting, with a pillow on my lap to cover my breasts, Khun Sam's grandmother, who looks younger than her age, remains silent and takes the opportunity to look around the whole house.

"It is my first time here. Do you come here often?”

"Oh yes."

“Hum…” Khun Sam's grandma says before taking a sip of her drink. “Well, you managed to enter Khun Sam's world.”

I'm feeling weird. I heard from Khun Sam and her friends that her grandmother is a worthy woman. She is the reason Khun Sam can't be herself and has started saying the opposite of what she thinks. But I am now seeing an easy going person.

“Can I call you Mon?”

“Sure, as you wish.”

“So, I'll call you Mon. You are a charming girl.” Khun Sam's grandmother smiles. “But you are not a careful girl, nor are you wearing panties.”

“I have to apologize for that.”

Her words make me blush with embarrassment. If I had a time machine, I would have dressed better and greeted her politely.

“I heard a little about you… daughter of a janitor at Khun Sam's old school and her father is a bus driver.”

"Yea."

“But you had good grades, got into the same university as my granddaughter and graduated on time. How perfect, as if he had planned all of this.”

“I didn't plan to… ah… not at all.” I try to explain to her. “Khun Sam is my inspiration, she is my role model. I tried everything to be like her. So it's not exactly.”

“What about being her girlfriend, was that in your plans?”

“No, I didn't plan that.”

“Hum… I heard that before you had a relationship with Khun Sam, you had a boyfriend… Nop, right?”

I shake my head quickly to deny it.

“No, I didn't. Nop has been my friend since childhood.”

“Like Kirk. But he changed from friend to boyfriend. And now Kirk has become an outsider, someone else has taken his place.”

Khun Sam's grandmother looks at me with an ignorant face, waiting for me to make a mistake. All I can do now is calm down and wait. I bite my lip, squeeze my hand tight. Of course, I feel guilty for Mr. Kirk every day, he saw me as a sister, but I betrayed him.

"I also heard that you and Kirk have a good relationship, he's close to you."

“Y… yeah. Mr. Kirk is kind to me.”

“How do you betray someone who is good for you?”

Jeez...

I look down at my sweaty hands and pretend to smile because I don't have a good answer for her.

"It must be love." She answers for me as she laughs a little, but it doesn't make me feel any better. “Do you love Sam, Mon?”

“Ah…” I feel awkward being asked this way. But I answer her the truth… “Of course, I love Khun Sam.”

“For you, what is love?”

“Love is…” I try to find the answer. Am I being tested? "It's seeing her happy and being happy with her."

“A relationship between the two of you, is it love?”

"For me, it's love yes."

“A girl with another girl?”