5. Reconciliation

Today my eyes are swollen like a lemon. I cried until 3 am. Also, I have to wake up at 5 am to get ready to go to work because I'm afraid I'll be late. When my colleagues see me as a zombie, they immediately understand that it must have been because Khun Sam called me in the freezing room yesterday.

“Poor thing. She's just an intern, but she's already been marked by the boss.”

I don't answer and smile fakely. For Khun Sam, she is working normally, but something has changed.

The freezing room, which always has the windows in frosted mode, is now set to a lighter mode. Amazing. And it's the first time I've seen such an innovative wall that can be changed in a different way by snapping a finger. Now without the matte mode, I can see inside the room.

Everyone in the room is working in concentration. No one dares to take their eyes off their work because Khun Sam can see our every move from inside her office. In my case, I'm both disappointed and excited to see Khun Sam clearly. But I don't pay attention to her, I keep concentrating and telling myself to let it go.

There is noise from keyboards and mice as we work, they want the loud sound to reach the freezing room. But I feel that everyone is full of stress and pressure. We're being watched and probably someone will freak out.

A few moments later… Our boss leaves her office with a smile on her face.

“You guys are working hard today.”

This is the first time since I started working here that I've seen her smile. But everyone in the office is focused. No one takes their eyes off their workstations. They are scared to death.

“I’m going to buy you some snacks.”

And she leaves the office...

“Ouch!… I'm going to go crazy. Aaaah.”

Yah, who is sitting next to me, is resting her head on her hands and sighs as if she is sinking into deep water. I look at her strangely.

“Today, Khun Sam looks happy.”

"So it means she's not happy at all." Yah answer me seriously. “When she smiles awkwardly, it means she is in a bad mood. We will definitely be working late.”

Everyone here feels the same way. But the joy is short lived. Khun Sam is back, she opens the door with several bags full of snacks in her hands. She shares with all of us.

“Accept. It is a reward for having worked so hard for me.”

Khun Sam stops by my table and sets some yogurt milk bottles for me. I just say thank you.

“Don't like milk yogurt? I only brought milk too.”

She looks so weird today so she puts a bottle of milk on my desk. And I just say thank you again.

“Juice?”

🇧🇷

"Water?"

🇧🇷

“It's drinkable, okay?”

🇧🇷

"Tea?"

Now, there are several drinks on my table. I just nod my head and thank her. I don't feel anything, I just wonder why she stayed at my table longer than everyone else's.

“What do you like, bunny?”

"I do not like anything."

“Aren't you human, bunny? There must be something you like.”

"It won't be good to eat in the office room."

"Serious? I don't see any problems.”

Khun Sam takes one of the drinks from my table, opens it and puts in a straw. I look at my boss who is still nearby and I feel that something is going to happen.