13. Exchange

“RIVER SHRIMPS!”

It's like a dream when I see a huge river shrimp in my hand. It's full of shrimp paste bubbling up in front of me. That delicious smell is calling me.

“Is it that good?” Khun Sam looks at me while I'm acting like an actress. “No wonder. When I broke the promise, you got upset with me.”

"Who? Who was upset? I didn't. By the way, I'm so hungry right now. It looks so yummy.”

After saying that, I start eating the shrimp that are in front of me. I'll be honest, I don't usually eat good food like this because I just graduated and didn't get my first paycheck. Besides, my mom isn't particularly rich enough to buy expensive food like that.

But Khun Sam brought me here to eat… Ah, my benefactress. I must give her a flower ring on every special holiday.

“You are neither pretty nor educated.”

“If you said I'm not pretty, then I am.”

"What?"

“You are a kind of Pharisee.”

"As you know?"

“I watched.”

"Like?"

“When you say you don't like something, it means you like it.” I turn away from my plate to describe her. “For example, you said you didn't want to propose, but you really did.”

"Nonsense."

"Is that you. Everyone in your gang thinks the same.”

“Hmmm. When did you speak to them? So if I say I don't like you. Do you know what it means?"

“It means you like me.”

I smile from ear to ear. And I'm suddenly embarrassed as I stare into her eyes. Her too.

"Craziness. I don't like you at all.” Her face is getting redder and redder as she's waving her hands in denial. “I mean what I said.”

"You hate me?"

"Not."

“Okay, so do you like me or not?”

"I like."

🇧🇷

🇧🇷

"Enough of that. What the hell are we talking about? Oh, you got a notification, your phone is vibrating.”

She is shaking her body following her cell phone to hide her embarrassment. I look at her, wanting to laugh, but I hold back.

Is she trying to avoid the subject? But what she did with that serious face is so lovely.

“Who will dance? Insane." She said for no reason. I wonder why, so I set my plate down again and pay attention to her.

"To dance?"

“Jim sent me a dance clip and told me to practice.” Khun Sam shows me on his cell phone a clip of the SES group “I'm too old to dance.”

“A wedding ceremony only happens once in a lifetime. Let's dance for her.”

"Not."

It means that she will definitely dance. I smile and am suddenly startled by my cell phone ringing. But I don't tremble like Khun Sam.

"Hello?"

[Mon, aren't you at home? I was going to invite you to Chatuchak, where are you?]

I look at Sam before answering him. She is having fun with the dance clip.