2.7

Venus

Venus

ONE MONTH LATER

"I'll see you later ok." Steve spoke as he placed a kiss upon my head. I only nod, he lets out a soft sigh before he walked away from me as I stared down at the tombstone with his name on it.

My dad has been a drunken mess since that night. He's hurting... I found him in Billy room one time crying. And for the first time in forever I was his little girl again, he held me in his arms as we both drowned in the hurt.

But he masked it with alcohol and anger afterwards.

He's disappeared two days ago, he does that. Disappears and comes back. But today of all days when I needed him to show up he didn't. He basically threw money at me and told me to handle it. Steve's been a big help though.

"Excuse me, Venus, right?" Looking up a familiar but unrecognizable face stood next to me. She was wearing a black dress and hat. Visiting someone maybe? "I'm sorry do I know you?" "No, but soon I hope. I'm Madeline. There's no easy way to put this... We'll i'm your sister. My mother, our mother. She asked me to reach out." "W-what...?" Her words made me stumble back a bit.

"Like you..., she said she was coming back... she didn't. But she still kept in touch." "She could keep touch with you but didn't give a thought to me or my brother left with that abusive monster but she could keep in touch with you! I'm sorry but we're done here. You have no right showing up here like this." I scoff trying to walk away from her put she pulls me back by my arm. "Don't touch me!" I pull my arm out of her grip.

"No. You have no right to be here. I've spent my whole life thinking that women didn't want me, the pain in my brothers eyes is something I'll never forgive. And you're here because what she feels bad for being an absent mother because her son died. And she didn't have the decency to call me herself. Why are you here? To take me away from all this bullshit. You're a little too late don't you think." I roll my eyes.

"Venus I swear I had no idea about you guys. She told me your dad called, he was drunk. And he told her about Billy in a voicemail. She's not doing well. And she doesn't know how to face you. Believe me when I tell you I yelled at her for not telling me. But she kept going on about how I needed to get to you. And I want to get to know you Venus. And i'm so sorry I didn't get to meet Billy. But I want to help you Venus. I want to know about him and be your sister."

"You will never be my sister!" I cry. "I just had to burry the only family I have left in the ground! Yeah my dads a piece of shit but at least he was around. So screw you and her. Stay away from me. I mean it. I want nothing to go with either of you." I cry before running back to my car.

"Ah!" "Ahhhhh!" I scream over and over again crying banging the steering wheel. "FUCK HER!"  "Fuck her." I close my eyes resting my head upon the wheel.

"Will you teach me?" I ask. Billy and I sat on the sand on top of his surfboard as he helped me with my sand castle. "To surf? Maybe when you're bigger." "But I'm bigger now? Please. I'm already a really good swimmer. I wanna be just like you. I wanna surf too. Pleaseeeeeeeee." "Fine. Come on. Promise to listen to everything I tell you." He smiled at me.  "I promise... Only if you promise not to let me go. Not until I'll ready at least." "I promise." Billy spoke, standing up before helping me up. "...Billy...?" "Yeah." "...I don't think I'll ever be ready for you to let me go." "It's a good thing you're stuck with me then. Come on."

Authors Note

So this book has been pretty quite so, at the moment I will be pressing pause before writing part 3: season 4.

Not sure when I'll pick this story up again but I will.

So until then I'll mark this book as complete.