1.5

third person

third person

"But this girl makes my brain go to mush." Dustin spoke as he and Steve walked on train tracks with buckets throwing meat onto the ground.

"I know what you mean." Steve spoke quietly. "Nancy?" "No... not exactly. Can you keep a secret?" "Yeah, yeah of course." "You uh... you met Max's sister?" "No, but I've seen her... she's a total babe."

"Tell me about it. Nancy disappeared with Jonathan, and Venus- her name is Venus she more like stated we were going out. It was kind of hot. Everything about her is hot. She's not totally put together but she knows what she wants and she's not afraid to take it. She's just got this energy. I don't know, there's just something about her."

"Are you sure you're not falling in love with this girl?" "What- No!- I don't know- Shut up dipshit!"

Max and Lucas sat on top of a bus in the junkyard that they had boarded up in defense against their missing demo-dog.

"It's this legal term called divorce. When two married people don't love each other anymore." Max sighed, "I get it."

"My mom... and my step dad wanted a fresh start away from him, as if- as if he was the problem which is total bull." Max spoke, as the painful feeling of having to leave her dad crept in.

"And things... are just worse now. My step brother's always been a dick, but now he's just angry... all the time and... Well he can't take it out on my mom and he wouldn't dare take it out on his sister, so." "He takes it out on you?" Lucas questions already knowing the answer.

"My step sister shields me but even sometimes he gets so angry she goes blank, like she's trying to put herself somewhere else, like she's telling herself it's not really happening. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. It's just... I know that I can be a jerk like him sometimes, and I do not want to be like him. Ever. I guess I'm angry, too, and... I'm sorry."

Venus

"Billy, turn it down!" I yell banging on the wall. He was blasting music getting ready to go out, I was laying on my bed trying to draw out some outfit sketches but his obnoxious mental music wasn't exactly inspiring.

"At least play Madonna!" "Venus?" Susan called out knocking on my door. "Yeah." "Hey, sweetie have you seen Max?" She asked as she opened my door, my dad standing right behind her.

At that moment my heart skipped a beat... I could feel it come. "N-no. Not since you guys left." "Billy!" My dad called out as they took off down to his room. Jumping up from my bed I follow them.

"Billy?" Susan cried as she knocked on his door. "I'm a little busy in here right now, Susan." Billy spoke over the music coming from his room. "Open this door. Right now!" My dad barked.